To express your interest in this position, please submit your application using this link https://www.tinyurl.com/bddbsp8v.
About SHN Foundation:
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in Canada, Scarborough Health Network Foundation
(SHN Foundation) inspires the support necessary to improve patients’ lives through exceptional care at
Scarborough Health Network across three hospitals and eight satellite sites. Since its inception, the
Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds
needed to build state-of-the-art infrastructure and purchase the latest medical technology, supporting
SHN’s vision to be Canada’s leading community teaching health network.
SHN Foundation has launched its $100 million fundraising campaign to support expanded emergency
departments, integrated communities of care, accessible medical imaging and barrier-free mental
Our first ever mass marketing campaign, titled Love, Scarborough, aims to close Toronto’s health care
gap by driving donations not just from Scarborough, but across the GTA. The integrated campaign can
be found on TV, radio, cinema, print, and online. Find out more about this compelling campaign by
SHN Foundation is seeking a highly-skilled, incredibly organized and experienced fundraising
professional who is a strong administrator and committed to excellence. Reporting to the Director of
Major Gifts, the Development Associate will work closely with the Philanthropy team, will handle the
administrative and planning needs of a team of senior relationship managers, and will regularly assist
major donors and volunteers. The Development Associate will be motivated, attentive to detail, and
easily build rapport with volunteers, donors and hospital colleagues
Donor Development, Major Gifts and Campaign Support:
- Support the Philanthropy team’s relationship managers to implement solicitation and
stewardship strategies for major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and supporting the solicitation of campaign, major gifts and
planned giving prospects and donors.
- Provide accurate, responsive and professional administrative and organizational support to
- Draft correspondence to donors that is customized, compelling, and audience appropriate
(including emails, letters, and key inputs to donor proposals).
- Request research profiles and assist with elemental research (i.e., contact information,
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and tours with prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Coordinate complex calendars, meetings, appointments and events.
- Support marketing strategies, events, seminars and digital activities for the program, in
partnership with the Philanthropy team and Marketing & Communications team.
- Support stewardship and cultivation events to maintain ongoing relationships with donors who
have made major or planned gifts to the Foundation.
- Provide support to campaign volunteers by proactively preparing fundraising materials such as
cultivation/solicitation packages, proposals, strategy documents, and other major gift
- Coordinate team and committee meetings, compile agenda packages, prepare presentation
materials and briefing notes, and produce meeting notes/minutes.
Moves Management & Data Integrity:
- Proactively track constituent moves through the stages of fundraising, understand what
actions are to be taken with key prospects, and prompt relationship managers to complete
- Work with relationship managers to ensure prospect/donor files in Raiser’s Edge are always
up-to-date, and that donor touchpoints and next steps are appropriately documented.
- Pull reports and data from Raiser’s Edge, customize for the intended audience, and distribute.
Cross-functional Team Engagement:
- In partnership with colleagues across the Foundation, coordinate campaign cultivation events
and other campaign related events.
- Along with the entire Foundation team, support special events and programs for cultivation,
fundraising and stewardship, which may require occasional evening or weekend work.
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience, preferably at a fundraising or charitable organization.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to produce a variety of materials.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills to allow prioritizing of workload, working
within tight timelines, and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office), including importing,
Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, graphics and other relevant tools/methodologies to
prepare proposals, spreadsheets, invoices, graphs, reports, slides, table of contents, indexes
and other documentation/materials.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software; knowledge of Raiser’s
Edge donor database is required.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide
range of individuals in situations that often require eliciting or sustaining cooperation and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with individuals with tact and
- Ability to work independently and proactively under pressure.
- Annual salary range for this position is $45,000 to $60,000 depending on applicable experience
- Compensation is supplemented by an annual performance bonus, a robust benefit program,
and other perquisites
- Education: Undergraduate degree or diploma
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural
heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness
and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to
providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the
recruitment process, please make them known when contacted, and we will work with you to meet
Job Number: J0522-0356
Job Title: Development Associate
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General site; travel is required to other sites as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Application Deadline: May 27, 202