This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to advancing support for our remarkable hospital.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally, and we were recently name as one of the World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023. The Hospital was also named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future with inspired volunteer leadership and additional staff to champion our growth imperative.
We are seeking a Development Associate, a person with the desire to work in an important, health care philanthropy role supporting the fundraising and executive affairs of the Chief Development Officer and the administrative needs of the philanthropy team. An independent, motivated person, the Development Associate is equally comfortable interacting with members of the Foundation team as with the hospital front line staff, clinical leadership, volunteer leadership, and the donor community.
We are looking for someone who can take the lead in managing the executive affairs of the Chief Development Officer including committee work with volunteers, and communication needs, while also managing donor pipeline activity, prospect coordination, and supporting all activities related to the CDO’s fundraising. This position is the administrative focal point for the revenue activity of the CDO and philanthropy team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility for coordinating all preparatory meeting materials including writing complex briefing notes and customizing donor profiles for the CDO, and leadership volunteers;
- The ability to draft customized correspondence for the CDO (cultivation, stewardship, solicitation);
- Coordinating and managing communications needs with marketing and communications such as proposals, remarks, and other fundraising collateral material;
- Administrative lead for prospect strategy and production meetings; including meeting scheduling, minutes, and action reporting;
- Proficiency in a customer relationship management system (CRM) or demonstrated ability to learn software tools quickly to perform accurate coding including updates and imports;
- Support the CDO’s donor activity through the solicitation cycle;
- Calendar support including booking donor, hospital, prospect, and volunteer meetings, as well as managing the scheduling of internal meetings with foundation and hospital staff;
- Support annual business and budget planning and work and tracking deliverables;
- Philanthropy Team liaison for donor engagement with donor relations staff;
- Support as necessary for special projects and donor/special events or tours;
- Back up support for front reception and donor line, as needed, and
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Adobe and standard office technology.
- Familiarity with CRM software, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong oral and demonstrated proficiency in written communications
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Self-motivated, creative, and dedicated to the philanthropic sector
- Sensitivity to patients and their families
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with effective problems solving skills.
- 3+ years administrative, customer or account management experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGHF is working within a hybrid model. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $55,000-$65,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by November 7th, 2022. Please reference Development Associate in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.