Who we are:
Scarborough Health Network is a leading community teaching health network, consisting of three hospitals and eight satellite sites in Scarborough, one of the most diverse communities in Canada. Our Foundation works with generous donors, volunteers and community members to raise funds for state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical technology to support the hospital’s mission to improve lives through exceptional care.
SHN Foundation is raising the profile of our hospitals through the Love, Scarborough marketing and fundraising campaign. The extraordinary success of Love, Scarborough has helped generate mass awareness, has inspired transformational gifts, and has shone needed attention onto healthcare inequity and gaps in Scarborough. The Foundation has seen tremendous growth all around (staff, events, donations, media coverage, partnership, etc.). It’s an exciting time to join the organization as we continue to build upon this momentum!
Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
What you’ll be doing:
Are you a highly-skilled, incredibly organized and experienced fundraising professional who is a strong administrator and committed to excellence?
With the launch of the Love, Scarborough campaign, our organization has experienced tremendous growth. As a result, SHN Foundation is recruiting for two (2) Development Associates to join our team!
Each Development Associate will support two senior relationship managers, with the following assignments:
· Vice President, Philanthropy
· Special Advisor to the President & CEO
· Associate Vice President, Gift & Estate Planning
· Director, Development
Donor Development, Major Gifts/Campaign/Planned Giving
- Support the relationship manager to implement solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors.
- Assist in identifying, cultivating, and supporting the solicitation of campaign, major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors.
- Provide accurate, responsive and professional administrative and organizational support to relationship managers.
- Draft correspondence to donors that is customized, compelling, and audience appropriate (including emails, letters, and key inputs to donor proposals).
- Request research profiles and assist with elemental research (i.e., contact information, addresses, etc.).
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and tours with prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Coordinate complex calendars, meetings, appointments and events.
- Support marketing strategies, events, seminars and digital activities for the program, in partnership with the Philanthropy team and Marketing & Communications team.
- Support stewardship and cultivation events to maintain ongoing relationships with donors who have made major or planned gifts to the Foundation.
- Provide support to campaign volunteers by proactively preparing fundraising materials such as cultivation/solicitation packages, proposals, strategy documents, and other major gift collateral materials.
- Coordinate team and committee meetings, compile agenda packages, prepare presentation materials and briefing notes, and produce meeting notes/minutes.
Moves Management & Data Integrity
- Proactively track constituent moves through the stages of fundraising, understand what actions are to be taken with key prospects, and prompt relationship managers to complete actions.
- Work with relationship managers to ensure prospect/donor files in Raiser’s Edge are always up-to-date, and that donor touchpoints and next steps are appropriately documented.
- Pull reports and data from Raiser’s Edge, customize for the intended audience, and distribute.
Cross-functional Team Engagement
- In partnership with colleagues across the Foundation, co-ordinate campaign cultivation events and other campaign related events.
- Along with the entire Foundation team, support special events and programs for cultivation, fundraising and stewardship, which may require occasional evening or weekend work (with lieu time provided).
What you bring to the position:
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience, preferably at a fundraising or charitable organization.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma
- Excellent writing skills with ability to produce a variety of materials.
- Advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office), including importing, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, graphics and other relevant tools/methodologies to prepare proposals, spreadsheets, invoices, graphs, reports, slides, table of contents, indexes and other documentation/materials.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor database is required.
Your competencies include:
- Highly attentive to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills to allow prioritizing of workload, working within tight timelines, and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of individuals in situations that often require eliciting or sustaining cooperation and participation.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with individuals with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and proactively against deadlines.
What we have to offer:
When you work for SHN Foundation, you join a caring and collaborative team that is invested in both your success and career development. This is an exciting time to join a growing and meaningful organization, with ambitions to make the biggest impact yet to healthcare in Scarborough.
We offer an excellent package to employees, including a competitive salary and annual performance bonus, an industry-leading defined benefit pension plan through HOOPP, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career. The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000+ annually, dependent on experience.
How to apply:
We would love you to join our team! To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our Careers page at https://www.shn.ca/careers-volunteering/careers/.
The job posting will close on Friday August 18, 2023. Applicants may be screened throughout application period.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants in advance.
Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: J0723-0937
Job Title: Development Associate
Job Category: Foundation
Location: General; travel is required to other sites, events, and meetings as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Reports to: As per job description
Number of Positions: 2
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday, with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Job Description Last Updated: July 21, 2023
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023; applicants may be screened throughout application period