The ShareLife & Development Office is seeking a full time Development Coordinator to process gifts of securities, participate in the administration of other planned gifts and gifts in kind to the Archdiocese and its allied charities, and promote giving at parishes.
- Administration of planned and legacy gifts to the Archdiocese of Toronto and its related entities
- Present at estate planning presentations organized at parishes and cemeteries, as well as through webinars. Respond to the inquiries from participants both at and following those sessions.
- Responsible for the coordination and administration of the whole cycle of donations of securities from the moment the letter of direction is received to the distributions of the proceeds to the beneficiaries
- Active participation in the administration of other planned gifts (bequests, gifts of registered and non-registered plans, real estate, life insurance policies, endowments, investment funds and trusts) according to the archdiocesan Gift Acceptance Policy
- Active involvement in the acceptance process and valuation of gifts in kind according to the guidelines included in the Gift Acceptance Policy of the Archdiocese of Toronto
- Actively identifying and searching for the most suitable authors and articles for the Legacy newsletters
- Organization of the Legacy Society annual event and other events related to planned giving
- Promoting pre-authorized giving (PAG) to the
- Other duties, as
- University degree, college diploma or a combination of related education, training, and experience
- Understanding of the basic tenets of the Catholic Church is required
- Working experience in a planned giving role will be an asset
- Excellent presentation, research and analytical skills
- Strong commitment to learn about different planned gifts, especially about the procedure associated with the gifts of securities
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a productive team
- An enthusiastic personality and an ability to relate well with people from different backgrounds and of various ages in different contexts
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Experience working in a not for profit organization or related experience is an asset
- Commitment to join Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CRFE) is an asset
- A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant
Those wishing to be considered should submit their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format noting position number 2023-02 to: Stephanie Nargoz, Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receipt of applications is February 24, 2023. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Toronto provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.