Located at the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College faithfully serves the educational mission of the Christian Church by preparing men and women for vocational and lay ministry, through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Wycliffe College is seeking to fill the position of Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator is responsible for key components of fundraising programs essential to the success of all Development initiatives to achieve fundraising objectives. There is an option to work in a hybrid manner.
- Coordinate the annual schedule of appeals, special events, grant deadlines, and committee meetings.
- Execute the donation workflow including gift processing, reconciliation, receipting, reporting, and stewardship.
- Manage & administer the donor database as it pertains to gift processing constituent data, event modules, and the generation of reports and mailing lists.
- Coordinate key components of special events (approximately 5 per year) including marketing, guest management, program details, vendor relations, logistics, volunteer management, and event follow-up.
- Remain current with all CRA fundraising/tax receipting rules and regulations.
- Execute administrative duties as required including but not limited to database management and maintenance, administering mailings, meeting management including recording and distributing minutes, ordering stationery and promotional items, maintaining filing system and ongoing customer service with donors, alumni, volunteers, staff, and occasionally faculty and students.
- Support marketing efforts through the design & print process as well as creation of social media posts, email campaigns, and web pages, including measurement and evaluation of effectiveness of strategies.
- Research available Foundation funding & coordinate application process including writing grant proposals and contact follow-up.
- Exemplify at all times the Wycliffe College brand and values.
- 3-5 years of experience in a fundraising or administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in fundraising, administration and/or marketing communications.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, and Mail Chimp an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, professionally, and effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituencies including volunteers, donors, faculty, and staff, and community members inside the Christian community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as exercise discretion and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated experience in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
- Writing proficiency, in general correspondence and proposal writing.
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and professional manner, and balance the competing demands of routine work with the special requirements of projects and events.
- Proven ability to achieve established objectives within recognized timeframes.
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Driven with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to accommodate a schedule that will require occasional evening and weekend work for meetings and events.
- Writing & Graphic Design skills an asset.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Works to the highest standard of ethical practice.
- CFRE designation an asset.
- Development experience in a Christian setting preferred.
- Development experience in a post-secondary setting an asset.
- Strong commitment to the Mission & Vision of Wycliffe College.
- Familiarity and comfort working in a Christian setting.
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $58,000-$63,000
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating your understanding of the Mission & Values of Wycliffe College, to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Application deadline: March 26, 2023
Wycliffe has a diverse and global student body, and it is situated in one of the world’s most multicultural cities. Therefore, we particularly welcome applications from individuals who mirror the diversity of our community. The College is committed to employment equity and offers equal opportunities to qualified women and men, including visible minorities and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, in keeping with Canadian law, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Final appointment is subject to completion of a satisfactory criminal record check.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No Phone calls please.