Start Date: January 2023
Location: Toronto, ON (hybrid)
Salary: $55000+ commensurate with experience
Pine River Institute provides treatment to support youth struggling with addictive behaviours to get their lives, relationships and futures back on track. The unique live-in and family-focused treatment program, the only one of its kind in Canada, is both highly acclaimed and accredited. The Development Department at Pine River implements fundraising strategies to steward the support of donors and volunteers to encourage donations and resources to fund operations, capital projects and programs.
This position supports the team in the fast-paced and donor-centric world of development fundraising and donor stewardship hybrid work model. This role is both internally and externally focused, supporting not only the fundraising team and finance but also responding to donor inquiries and coordinating and supporting stewardship/campaign events. The role must interact seamlessly and with a professional demeanor across a broad range of individuals including members of the Senior Management Team, Board of Directors, and donors. This requires attention to detail, initiative, and an ability to multi-task.
The ideal candidate is confident, enthusiastic, resourceful, tech-savvy, forward-thinking, self-motivated and a creative problem solver. They have a keen interest in supporting Pine River’s mission to serve youth who are struggling with mental health and addiction challenges, and their families.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to the following)
- Manager, donor database (Raiser’s Edge) – data entry, updates, data mining, reports, lists
- Gift processing, receipting, working in collaboration with Finance department
- Coordinate and distribute donor communication via Raiser’s Edge (newsletters, updates, solicitations)
- Respond to donor inquiries, tax receipt requests
- Provide prospect research through Google searches, iWave, CharityData, Bloomberg, etc. and other sites and platforms
- Prepare and distribute prospect/donor profiles for staff and volunteers
- Prepare proposals for staff and volunteers
- Coordinate Annual Giving Campaigns
- Assist with preparation of grant applications
- Assist with fundraising and stewardship events on and off-campus
- Coordinate third party events with donors and friends (such as donor-initiated golf tournaments, picnics, parties, etc.) 10-15% travel time to support site visits for events and to provide support
- Train team members on Raiser’s Edge and department systems and protocols
- Support Development Committee of the Board of Directors
- prepare and distribute agendas, notes and minutes, attend Development Committee meetings in person and virtually, coordinate and schedule meetings, and distribute action items
- 3+ years experience in a fundraising setting
- Solid, demonstrated experience with Raiser’s Edge
- High computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of donor research protocols and tools
- Familiarity with fundraising moves management
- Demonstrated professionalism and discretion
- Strong communication skills both in written and spoken interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Demonstrated initiative, and ability to work independently
- Critical thinking skills to investigate, problem solve and/or anticipate issues before they arise
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources Director@ email@example.com or mail to 606060 River Road Mulmur ON L9V 0S9 by January 5, 2024.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.