YES believes that employment is empowerment and the cornerstone of safe and healthy communities. YES leads the Canadian youth sector with innovative programs that empower disadvantaged and vulnerable youth to become self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Summary – The Position
Reporting to the Manager of Development, this permanent position is a member of the fundraising team and is responsible for achieving annual corporate, foundation and individual donor fundraising targets. It also involves working on communication materials, written proposals, conducting presentations at select meetings and events and ongoing research, cultivation and stewardship to support fund development initiatives.
In addition to achieving the above, this role will act as a primary relationship manager to a portfolio of foundations, individual donors and prospects; develop targeted solicitation strategies, customized proposals, year-end campaigns, and presentations to secure funding; and implement stewardship and recognition strategies. This role works very closely with the Vice-President: Development, Programs and HR, and the Manager of Development.
Your energy and enthusiasm are boundless and you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, are creative, imaginative and you are a strategic thinker. You are driven and welcome the opportunity to aspire to measurable targets. You thrive in a business like and professional environment. You’re skilled at using your sense of humour and personality to obtain consensus. You’re an excellent communicator and proficient at writing compelling cases for support. You possess post secondary education/degree or equivalent work experience and are proficient in computer applications.
- Post-Secondary education and/or two to five years’ experience in the development field and/or in the non-profit sector;
- Demonstrated fund development and experience writing grant proposals and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to write for a variety of different audiences
- Ability to interact and build professional and effective working relationships with external stakeholders and internal employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Proactivity in effective communications
- Flexibility, comfort with change and ability to support others through change management
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom, email and database management/fundraising software
Donor Cultivation and Annual Campaign
- Researches prospective foundations and corporations;
- Schedules and participates in discovery calls with prospective funders and the Development Team
- Manages strategies to increase the number of individual donors, level of gift and tracks results;
- Oversees the design, strategy and implementation of Year-End campaigns for individual donors;
- Develops ideas and writes funding proposals for foundations and corporations;
- Expands donor base, corporate sponsors, foundations and cultivates donor relationships.
- Tracks and monitors activity of donors and prospects;
Donor Stewardship and Recognition
- Maintains adherence and recommends revision to the Stewardship Plan;
- Maintains stewardship of individual donor base;
- Writes personalized thank you letters for annual fund donors;
- Assists in securing volunteers from donor base to assist with YES programming needs and manages relationships with volunteers and YES staff;
- Implements social media plan to recognize and thank donors;
- Compiles and distributes quarterly newsletters.
- Assists in the development of event plans and strategies;
- Prepares correspondence and materials for events (e.g. invitations, post-event thank yous)
- Assists with sourcing and stewarding high touch guests, including keynote speakers, government officials, corporate partners and youth.
- Ensures database is kept current;
- Updates Donor Recognition webpage;
- Maintains hard copy files for all donors, sponsors, and foundations;
- Provides Administrative support when required;
- Proficient with Fundraising software preferably E-Tapestry.
- Adheres to all YES policies and procedures and ensures confidentially is maintained on client, personnel, financial and agency matters;
- Represents YES at all times in a professional manner;
- Works cooperatively with other team members;
- Carries out any other duties, as required.
Job Contact Information:
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to Cassandra Waldon firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work: Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm; Friday 9am-4pm.
Starting Salary: $59,000 per annum
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the YES Accessibility policy.
Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. YES is an equal opportunity