Imagine a future where people living with lung cancer have a fighting chance, where no one loses a loved one to asthma, where people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) live their lives to the fullest, where older adults don’t lose their independence in life, and where future generations don’t suffer the debilitating effects of lung disease.
The Lung Health Foundation is committed to making this future a reality. And this new future starts now.
The Lung Health Foundation’s mission is to improve the lung health of Canadians, and we will achieve this through:
● Ground-breaking research;
● Policy and practice change;
● Urgently needed programs and support; and
● Public education around lung health issues.
And at the heart of it all? Helping those who have been impacted by lung disease.
Reporting to the National Manager, Development, the Development Coordinator will play an important role in the achievement of our mission by developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current foundation and individual donors, and new prospective supporters to attain the annual workplan and five-year fundraising goals of the organization. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the fund development department to ensure we are properly stewarding our donors and maintaining strong relationships with all prospective supporters.
• Support the mid-donor program to support the transition of top 150-200 prospects from other fundraising programs to major gift prospects.
o Duties will include developing a communication strategy that can be used to measure engagement and increase affinity to support
• Work closely with the National Manager, Development, and senior leadership team on the Major Gift program to support a 5-year fundraising goal
o Duties will include supporting outreach efforts with required documents, attending meetings, recording status in CRM system
• Steward existing foundation supporters and manage prospect pipelines to increase revenues from likeminded foundations
o Duties will include developing solicitation materials, regular calls to prospective foundations and stewarding foundations that have made gifts
• Manage the Will Campaign program which includes regularly communicating with donors and lawyers across the country
• Participate in researching, identifying, and qualifying new donors while regularly updating prospect pipelines and fund development team for foundation and individual giving • Develop, build and support relationships with current and potential funders, including cultivating relationship for funding, stewardship of confirmed agreements/gifts, and reporting on impact
o Efforts will include solicitation phone calls, planning and participating in stewardship activities, and once trained, conduct cultivation visits working closely with National Manager, Development to ensure opportunities are maximized
• Effectively manage fundraising resources including our CRM system and practice ethical fundraising
• Monitor and research the giving landscape for new fundraising or engagement opportunities and fundraising best practices to grow the community portfolio
• Collaborate with appropriate teams across the Foundation fostering an environment of learning, development and teamwork while working towards shared goals
• Support the development of portfolio related collateral
• Prepare reports, presentations, and briefs
• Other duties as assigned
• University or College degree in Fundraising, Marketing, Sales, or related discipline
• 1-3 years of proven experience in a high relationship-based environment
• Non-profit experience in a health charity an asset
• Some flexibility to travel throughout the region and to attend evening and weekend events
• Demonstrated progressive and successful fund development experience
• Knowledge and skill in relationship management with experience working with major gift donors
• Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines with advanced organization skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Confident, friendly, professional, and comfortable with cold calling
• Position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership members
• Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office
• Fluency in French is an asset
• Experience with CRM an asset
WHY THE LUNG HEALTH FOUNDATION?
Beyond making a real difference in the lives of the one-in-five Canadians living with lung disease, we offer:
● collaborative and creative environment
● robust benefits package, including an RRSP matching program
● flexible work environment
● we help you grow – both professionally and personally
As a Toronto-based organization with a national scope, we may consider, for externally focused roles, remote work based on the strength of the candidate and organizational needs. In such cases, the candidate must be also willing to travel as required.
The Lung Health Foundation is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we will
make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
The Lung Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the province where we operate. At the Lung Health Foundation, we value the insights and innovation that diverse and inclusive teams bring to work.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the skills and experience required, we invite you to apply through our careers page at https://lunghealth.ca/careers/.
In your cover letter and subject line please include the position title you are applying for.
We appreciate your interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$55,000 – $60,000