The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
What is the Opportunity?
The Development Coordinator will provide general support to the Development department, with responsibilities for such functions as fundraising material preparation and distribution, donor acknowledgment letter administration, event planning and logistics support, gift documentation and processing assistance, executive administrative support, meeting coordination and material preparation, expense tracking and invoice coding, and special research project activities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Assisting with the execution of fundraising appeals and other donor communications by organizing lists, performing mail merges, formatting documents and preparing mailings or e blasts
• Supporting Development staff in the preparation and execution of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events
• Coordinating meeting arrangements and organizing related materials (agendas, briefing notes, handouts, etc.), ordering/picking up meeting refreshments and taking minutes as required
• Drafting gift agreements and gift processing forms, and preparing donor acknowledgement letters and pledge reminders
• Providing administrative support to the Vice President, Development for such tasks as scheduling and confirming meetings, booking meeting rooms, coordinating conference calls and arranging business-related travel
• Assisting with entering donations, constituent updates and donor interactions in the fundraising database
• Coding invoices for submission to the Finance department
• Undertaking project-based research activities as directed by departmental leadership
• Escorting donors and guests to meetings and on facility tours
• Updating the Development departmental calendar
• Maintaining the inventory of office supplies
• Arranging courier deliveries and pickups
• Participating in departmental activities including staff meetings, donor stewardship activities, and fundraising events
• Performing other duties as required
What We’re Looking For
• Post-secondary education, with a minimum of 2 years of administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience working within a fundraising department considered an asset
• Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
• Must possess a high degree of attention to detail
• Must have strong commitment to exceptional work quality and ethics; high degree of professionalism, ability to set priorities and achieve goals, strong sense of personal accountability.
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative
• Ability to deal with confidential information with diplomacy, discretion and tact
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with The Raiser’s Edge an asset
• Able to support department by attending events occurring on weekday evenings and weekends, as required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been identified.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.