Development Coordinator (Annual Giving)
The Aga Khan Museum connects cultures and communities through art. The Museum’s mission is to foster a greater understanding and appreciation of the contributions that Muslim civilizations have made and continue to make to world heritage.
A Toronto-based Museum, we promote pluralism through art, stories, and enlightened encounters, across cultures. Using visual and performing arts as a force for good in the world, the Museum’s ambitious vision is to promote peaceful co-existence and positive intercultural dialogue. As a global learning hub, uniquely positioned to play a pivotal role in creating connections among people and communities locally, nationally, and around the world.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Development Manager (Major Gifts), the Development Coordinator (Annual Giving) is responsible for The Development Coordinator, Annual Giving is responsible for managing all Patrons’ Circle programs below the Director’s Circle, and mid-level Donors. S/he brings a donor-centric approach to the acquisition and retention of Patrons’ Circle members, and oversees all cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Patrons and prospective Patrons in Canada and around the world. The Development Coordinator serves as the primary staff contact for Patrons’ Circle members.
- Executing the annual plan for philanthropic giving by Patrons and mid-level Donors to achieve annual fundraising targets.
- Managing the solicitation process of Patrons’ Circle members and mid-level Donors, including strategies and plans for acquisition and retention.
- Supporting the implementation of national and international Patron Drive campaigns.
- Supporting the national and international Patron programs with a team of volunteers.
- Engaging a committee dedicated to the Young Patron program.
- Ensuring appropriate and timely stewardship and benefit fulfillment of the Patrons’ Circle program
- Developing and implementing engagement and relationship management strategies, soliciting feedback on benefit and service delivery to identify opportunities for enhancement.
- Providing support for small to large-scale cultivation and stewardship events including VIP openings and previews, special tours and programs, and fundraising events.
- Working closely with departmental colleagues, including the Major Gifts team, in developing and implementing strategies to identify prospects and increase donations.
- Overseeing the operation of the Patrons’ Lounge, coordinating with Volunteer Services and Visitor Services to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Actively engage in a minimum of one Signature Initiative (SI) team.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- University or college degree or diploma, with 4+ years of professional experience, preferably in the arts and culture nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining a membership program preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and to execute and evaluate multi-faceted programs.
- Customer service and marketing experience.
- Experience with donor and ticketing databases (Tessitura experience is an asset).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills, interpersonal and relationship management skills, including working with volunteers.
- Results-oriented, works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- A willingness to work occasional evening and weekends, as required.
- Knowledge and passion of arts and culture an asset.
Please note that the hiring salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000, based on experience.