Development Coordinator, Campaign and Transformational Gifts
Title: Development Coordinator, Campaign and Transformational Gifts
Employee Working Location: Remote/Virtual (Canada)
Employment status: Permanent full time
Salary band: $38,226 – $55,745/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking a Development Coordinator, Campaign and Transformational Gifts to join its team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will support the Campaign and Transformational Gifts teams in engaging donors in raising funds for the Canadian Red Cross and the Time To Act Campaign. The position is pivotal in building and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally and will often be a front-line contact for significant donors and supporters. The work in this role will contribute to the smooth functioning of fundraising initiatives and the day-to-day success of our Campaign and Transformational Gifts programs and Time To Act Campaign.
In this role, you will:
Responsibility 1. Transformational Gifts and Campaign Fundraising Support
- Requests donor profiles from research and organizes information into briefing and strategy notes, and prepares collateral materials, and presentations for Transformational Gift, Campaign and high-value Major Gift donor meetings.
- Tracks Campaign pledges and, in coordination with Relationship Managers, distributes pledge reminders.
- Collaborates with the Data Analytics team to maintain and update the Campaign Dashboard.
- Requests and distributes a variety of reports to support the fundraising function, including prospect lists, sector screenings, wealth indicators etc.
- Tracks Transformational, Campaign donor and volunteer activity in Unity.
- Tracks opportunities and steps for Campaign donor plans and links gifts.
- Supports Campaign volunteers with requests for due diligence screenings.
Responsibility 2. Transformational Gifts and Campaign Administrative Support
- Provides support to Relationship Managers for work with donors and volunteers by:
- Scheduling meetings with donors and volunteers,
- Coordinating meeting material distribution, directions, or links, confirming attendees, taking minutes, recording action items and next steps, catering and after-meeting follow-up,
- Sending materials such as cards and gifts, and special acknowledgements, and,
- Recording call reports, action items and next steps into UNITY.
- Codes Major and Transformational Gift and Campaign donations for processing, reviews and verifies that gifts and pending fund transfers have been handled correctly.
- Liaises with the Donation Processing Centre regarding Major and Transformational Gift and Campaign donation receipts, coding, donor concerns etc. and ensures the highest quality of customer service.
- Requests and distributes a variety of reports to support the fundraising function.
- Schedules onboarding activities and ensures needs are met for new Major and Transformational Gift and Tiffany Circle hires.
- Provides accurate Major and Transformational Gift donor information in UNITY by creating new records, updating records, coding, adding notes/actions as required, etc.
- May be required to provide on-site support for Tiffany Circle, Major and Transformational and Campaign stewardship, cultivation, and engagement events.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are post-secondary education in fundraising or marketing and 3 years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and commitment to excellence in customer service in supporting partners, volunteers, and donors.
- Knowledge of fund development practices, familiarity with donor-centred fundraising, and a strong desire to improve the donor experience.
- Natural curiosity and drive to investigate and resolve issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a collaborative approach with a willingness to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects within tightly prescribed timelines
- Ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities and ability to adapt to change.
- Strong commitment to the performance of tasks, high level of energy, attention to detail, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently
- High level of proficiency and accuracy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases (Raisers Edge/Access)
- Discretion with sensitive and highly confidential information
- Strong commitment to skills development and learning
- A willingness to commit to the Founding Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- Motivated and able to work in an inclusive and collaborative team environment, as well as independently
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
- Most of this work will be performed virtually at the incumbent’s home.
- This position may require working non-traditional hours, especially during events, disasters or appeals.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.