Development Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is our country’s leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth growing up in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services in partnership with child- and youth-serving agencies across the country.
Our vision is to create a world where the children and youth we serve have the strength and resilience to forge a bright and positive future. Join us and together we will help empower children, youth and families involved with the child welfare system go from surviving to thriving.
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada. Last year we raised over $17.5M supporting 19,568 children, youth and families across Canada.
You picked an incredible moment to join the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada! We are leading a bold and ambitious transformational strategy that will drive growth and awareness and ultimately lead to increased funds to better serve our three priority areas:
1) children and families at risk,
2) children and youth living in government care, and
3) youth transitioning out of care.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships plays a key role in providing coordination and support to the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships. To be successful in this position, the candidate must take initiative, be results oriented, highly organized, and passionate for creating more resources for underserved children and youth.
Team Support & Administration – 40%
- Working with the Corporate & Community Team, contribute to annual fundraising strategy and planning
- Support Corporate & Community Team with donor solicitations, stewardship activities, communications and events
- Ensure effective donor management organizational frameworks and processes are in place
- Prepare donor correspondence, proposals, meeting briefs, and call notes
- Support corporate partnerships’ activation or launch efforts
- Execute excellent donor stewardship activities
Gala Support – 30%
- Working with the Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, project manage sponsorship and table sales for the Foundation’s annual Gala – Teddy Bear Affair, including managing the prospect list, tracking activity, reporting results and other administrative work as needed
- Update engaging Gala sponsorship materials
- Working with the Senior Manager to identify and solicit Gala supporters
- Execute stewardship plans for Gala sponsors and table purchasers
Corporate Revenue and Relationship Management – 15%
- Working with the Corporate Partnership team to grow a portfolio of corporate donors, conducting cultivation visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities
- Research and contribute to building a pipeline of new corporate giving opportunities and prospects
Raiser’s Edge – 15%
- Ensure donor files are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion
- Ensure compliance with Raiser’s Edge operating policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Finance & Administration Coordinator, complete regular RE data pulls required by the Community & Corporate Partnerships team, ensuring data is captured effectively and ensuring lists are clean
- Serve as a CAFC liaison with vendors, volunteers, donors, prospective donors and partners, when required
- Act as CAFC ambassador at all Development and Foundation events
- Vital Learning & Innovation
- Open Communication
- Inclusion & Diversity
- Care & Compassion
- Empowering Accountability
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Evidence of initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Working knowledge and experience in Raiser’s Edge (data entry, data maintenance, and database administration skills) would be considered an asset
- French language would be considered an asset
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Charitable sector experience, or transferable experience of a business development role
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Occasional evenings and weekends during busy periods
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods
- Local travel within the GTA, during business hours
- Occasional travel related to national programs as required by donors and foundation events and activities is possible
CAFC provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from equity seeking groups, including members of communities that are overrepresented in the child welfare system. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We offer: 4 weeks’ vacation per year, plus 3 float days, participation in the OMERS Pension Plan with contributions matched 100% by the employer, a comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, life and disability), Employee Assistance Program and a competitive salary.
CAFC staff are currently working in a hybrid work model, working remotely and in the downtown Toronto office 2-3 days per week.
We acknowledge that the Foundation’s main office is located in Toronto, which is the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is now home to many diverse First Nations, Inuit and Métis. The area now known as Toronto is covered by Treaty 13. Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is committed to supporting meaningful reconciliation between Indigenous peoples and others in these lands and across Canada.
To apply, please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity, to email@example.com and include “Coordinator, Development Jan 2023” in the subject line of your email by February 10, 2023. We encourage applicants to apply early as resumes will be reviewed when received and rolling interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.