Reporting to and working closely with the Foundation CEO, the Development Coordinator will work as an integral member of the Foundation team by providing day to day operational support and project management. This full-time position has database, governance and administrative oversight responsibilities.
Located about 30 minutes east of Toronto, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences is located in Whitby atop 76 acres of Lake Ontario’s shoreline. It is a serene environment that features beautiful gardens, walking paths, gazebos and outdoor eating areas.
Rooted in history and inspired by possibility, Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences takes bold steps to lead change. As one of four provincial specialty mental health hospitals, we have an innovative approach to mental health care that uses clinical best practices and evidence-based care in an environment built on compassion, empowerment and hope. While the buildings, programs, property and surrounding areas have changed over our 100-year legacy, our commitment to exemplary patient care remains the same.
Founded in 2009, Ontario Shores Foundation for Mental Health was created to raise funds and support for Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences. You will be joining a small but energized development team at an exciting time in our growth.
- Processing donations, batching gifts to remit to the Finance department, preparing tax receipts and acknowledgement letters
- Pulling mailing lists for email blasts and direct mail appeals
- Creating queries as requested for specific projects
- Overseeing database hygiene and ensuring adherence to data quality standards
- Supporting the activities of the Ontario Shores Foundation for Mental Health Board of Directors, including scheduling all Board and Committee meetings, distributing meeting materials, and taking minutes
- Oversight of the Foundation’s Policies and Procedures
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and other team members as required
- General office administration
- Submitting timecards for payroll
- Responding to general donor inquiries
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- Processing invoices for payment
- Assisting as needed at Foundation events, at rare times in the evenings or on weekends
- Other appropriate duties, as required
What you bring to the role:
- Passion for mental health specifically and healthcare fundraising in general
- College diploma required, university degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a hospital Foundation or other non-profit organization
- Minimum two (2) years of experience (including records creation, gift processing, queries and exports, reporting, etc.) working with Raiser’s Edge, preferably NXT
- Strong knowledge of administrative principles and practices
- Demonstrated ability to handle information ethically, accurately and confidentially, adhering to all privacy legislation
- Knowledge of tax receipting rules and regulations in Canada
- Excellent project management skills
- Commitment to meeting deadlines while juggling competing multiple priorities
- Superior office software skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to thrive as part of a small, collaborative team
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals on time and handle multiple tasks and projects
What we offer:
A competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, participation in the Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), generous vacation allowance and the ability to be part of an organizational culture (in both the hospital and Foundation) that is second to none.
How to apply:
Please apply online at https://ontarioshores.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/3163
This job posting will close on December 17, 2021 at 11:59pm.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All inquiries and applications will be held in confidence.
Ontario Shores Foundation for Mental Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ontario Shores is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. Ontario Shores is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.