DEVELOPMENT & DONOR RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Rise is Canada’s only national organization dedicated to empowering people with mental health and addiction challenges to achieve greater social and economic inclusion through entrepreneurship. Through training, mentorship, micro-financing, and other customs supports, we help individuals build the skills and access the capital they need to launch a small business that can improve quality of life and enable them to support themselves, their families, and communities.
Since 2010, Rise has financed, trained, mentored, and coached more than 2,000 entrepreneurs and disbursed more than $2.8 million via 700+ low interest loans. Today, we work in nine locations across Canada—and growing. Learn more in our Impact Report.
Rise is seeking a highly organized and resourceful person to join our team as Development & Donor Relations Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Development, this role is an exciting opportunity to help our small but mighty team deliver impact.
We are seeking a candidate with strong administrative skills, combined with a keen interest in fundraising. If you are relationship and goal-oriented, a good writer, have an aptitude for technology, and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, this opportunity may be for you. Dealing with concurrent projects and a positive attitude to getting the job done are critical expectations for the successful candidate.
Finding the right person for the job
This position will serve as a member of the Rise team headquartered in Toronto, ON. But more important than location, is finding the right person for the job. So, this position is open to candidates from across Canada to be filled remotely.
Rise offers staff in Toronto flexible working arrangements, with opportunity for in-office and remote workdays.
Prospect/Pipeline Management (40%)
- Support the CEO, COO and Rise board to cultivate and solicit prospective donors, including scheduling meetings, and drafting research profiles, briefing documents, presentations, and proposals.
- Work with the Director of Development to prioritize prospective donors in pipeline, creating moves management strategies, where appropriate.
- Liaise with Rise staff to monitor priority areas for fundraising and work with prospect researcher to ensure the pipeline is being refreshed accordingly.
- Play an active role in the ongoing development and implementation of Rise Launch (Leadership Giving; gifts below $10k)
Recognition and Stewardship (20%)
- Monitor reporting requirements and ensure timely submission of donor stewardship reports, including content development, in partnership with the Program Managers.
- Provide support to the CEO by creating and implementing customized stewardship plans for donors as needed.
- Write annual thank you letter templates, and custom acknowledgement letters for major donors.
- Draft gift agreements; circulate through appropriate channels and track signatures.
Database Administration (20%)
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date donor records in eTapestry database.
- Import/export donor data to create reports.
- Monitor donations received against gifts pledged, verifying accuracy and completeness of information.
- Develop and maintain donor lists for ongoing and campaign specific communications.
Special Events (15%)
- Participate in the planning and execution of special events, like the annual Rotman Family Entrepreneurship Awards, including engaging speakers, booking venues, sending invitations/tracking RSVP’s, budget reconciliation, etc.
Annual Planning (5%)
- Participate in creating and implementing annual plans, to ensure the Development team meets revenue targets.
- Related university degree/college diploma or comparable combination of education and work experience;
- Knowledge of fundraising language, practices, procedures and standards as evidenced by a combination of relevant work and/or education experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of fundraising or equivalent experience, with a priority preference for major gifts fundraising experience in a non-profit organization;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365, especially Excel, Word and SharePoint
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising software such as Raisers Edge, eTapestry or Salesforce.
- A background working with vulnerable people, in particular individuals who have experienced mental health or addiction
- Independent self-starter with a dedication to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Unquestionable integrity and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence.
- Able to think critically and to exercise independent and sound judgement in anticipating needs and taking initiative.
- Strong attention to detail; organized and systematic in project follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work, manage deliverables and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for both external and internal audiences
- Technologically curious and adept with various platforms and programs.
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by Friday, January 27, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development & Donor Relations Coordinator” and your name in the subject line. The salary range for this position is $48,000-$52,000, with generous benefits, vacation, and personal days.