Start Date: Immediate
Location: Toronto, ON (hybrid)
Salary: $ 75000+ commensurate with experience
Travel may be required 10-20% of the time to meet with donors, staff teams and to organize events.
Pine River Institute provides treatment to support youth struggling with addictive behaviours to get their lives, relationships and futures back on track. The unique live-in and family-focused treatment program, the only one of its kind in Canada, is both highly acclaimed and accredited. The Development Department at Pine River implements fundraising strategies to steward the support of donors and volunteers interested in providing donations and resources to fund operations, capital projects and programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, working with a small team and in conjunction with other Pine River Institute departments, the Development Manager plays a vital role in the fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate is passionate about youth mental health, takes initiative, possesses strong leadership and communication skills, and has a depth of experience in the role of fundraising.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Develops annual fundraising plans
- Manages a portfolio of major gift prospects, providing cultivation, solicitation, gift closure, stewardship
- Supervises and provides donor and prospect research, ensuring a steady stream of prospects to the donor pipeline
- Manages the use and maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge database with a focus on accuracy and moves management
- Manages the preparation of fundraising reports to the Board of Directors and Development Committee
- Supports fundraising efforts of the members of the Board and Development Committee
- Stewards a portfolio of Alumni families
- Develops stewardship protocols and matrices, implements plans
- Manages third party events with donors and suppliers
- Participates in writing and preparing grant applications and cases for support
- Researches and recommends new and effective fundraising initiatives in keeping with Pine River’s mission, vision and values, to increase fundraising objectives
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Familiar with donor databases and prospect research tools
- A well-rounded understanding of fundraising practices
- Experience in major gift fundraising and capital campaigns
- Experience in writing and stewarding foundation grants
- Familiarity with annual giving and event fundraising
- Experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Comfortable working independently and in a small team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and maturity, and maintains confidentiality
- Interest in and support of the Pine River mission
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources Director@ firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2023, or mail to 606060 River Road Mulmur ON L9V 0S9.
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.