Development Manager, Ontario
Development Manager, Ontario
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
JDRF is growing our team to support our ambitious plans to raise more funds than ever to accelerate research towards cures and innovative and life-changing therapies for people living with T1D.
We’re currently seeking a Development Manager to join our Ontario regional team. This position will drive fundraising revenue through the Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF, Sun Life Ride to Defeat Diabetes for JDRF (Toronto) annual giving and major gifts programs. The Development Manager will lead and inspire a team of fundraising professionals to achieve these fundraising goals for the region.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Develop fundraising plans and strategies to meet the Sun Life Walk and Ride overall goals, timelines and budgets (including increasing revenue and retention) in partnership with National Support Office teams
- Build meaningful connections with donors and volunteers that result in new and diverse revenue streams (i.e. major gifts, events fundraising, planned giving, corporate partnerships) that further JDRF’s mission
- Partner with volunteer leadership to solicit funding and other support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources of funding and/or influence.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of annual and major donors ($1,000-$100,000) and prospects through the development of prospect solicitation strategies, proposals, cultivation, and solicitation plans
- Provide support and strategic direction to a fundraising team, across multiple markets to deliver fundraising results. This includes creating and implementing fundraising strategies, providing training, performance management and coaching, and inspiring, motivating and monitoring the staff team to achieve key performance indicators
- Utilize CRM database and systems as directed to manage donor relationships, accurately record interactions, and run reports for planning and executional purposes and to ensure teams’ actions are in line with overall best practices
- Understand JDRF’s core fundraising program KPIs and effectively use JDRF systems to aggressively monitor year over year trends and impact on performance
- Work in partnership with the National Event Fundraising and Annual Giving team to execute comprehensive Walk and Ride programs and collaborate closely with the corporate engagement and event experience teams to achieve the overall event objective.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- 5-6 years of progressive fundraising experience, including experience in managing a team and post-secondary education in Business Management, Fundraising or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working on peer-to-peer fundraising events
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; ability to coach, develop and mentor staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a high level of comfort communicating complex information (e.g. JDRF research, goals, etc.) to a wide range of audiences, from high-net worth individuals to corporate partners
- Experience managing budgets in addition to managing volunteer activities
- Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, collaborate will all levels of staff, as well as externally with donors and leadership volunteers
- Strong project management skills, and the ability to act, implement and make sound decisions
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience with a CRM database; experience working with peer-to-peer fundraising software an asset
- Some flexibility to travel throughout the region to attend events and donor meetings (up to 15%) and to attend evening and weekend events
Location: Flexible within Ontario – We are a remote-first organization so the incumbent in this role will work remotely from home. Any employees located in the Greater Toronto Area may have access to an office space in Toronto for hybrid-work options if requested.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online today!
Mandatory vaccination policy: We require all JDRF employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The health, safety and well-being of our employees, volunteers, visitors, donors and event participants is our top priority. Throughout the pandemic, we have made adjustments to our health and safety guidelines, protocols and policies along the way based on the evolution of COVID-19 as well as public health guidelines, regional conditions and science-based evidence. Vaccinations, combined with other health measures remain the best way for everyone to help protect our staff, volunteers, donors and T1D community.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.