Located in the heart of the Niagara region – just minutes from one of the world’s most well-known tourism destinations – Niagara College offers more than 130 innovative programs between our campuses in Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Since opening its doors in 1967, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in education and training and one of the most enterprising colleges in Canada.
Applications are invited for the position of Development Officer, in the Development and Donor Stewardship Division, located at the Daniel J. Patterson Campus. The salary range is $69,600 to $87,001 for a 35 hour work week. Additional hours may be required as necessary.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development and Donor Stewardship, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with leadership, department heads, faculty, staff and students in supporting philanthropic fundraising activities. They will build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with prospective and current donors to secure financial support for Niagara College priorities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to building a culture of philanthropy at the College
- Managing a portfolio of prospective and current donors
- Researching interest, capacity and connections to develop a customized strategy for donors and prospective donors
- Researching and writing applications for granting foundations
- Working in partnership with the Alumni Engagement Officer to encourage class giving in conjunction with milestone events and activities
- Working with the Senior Director, Development and Donor Stewardship to establish effective donor stewardship initiatives
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to support coordinated campaigns
- Writing solicitation letters, proposals and other fundraising communication materials
- Managing pledge fulfillment and annual pledge payment reminders to donors
- Developing and stewarding internal and external stakeholders to strengthen a culture of philanthropy with a focus on deepening engagement
- Developing and distributing written donor/stakeholder reports for major gift, student award and other donations as appropriate
- Minimum of four (4) year degree in fundraising, communication, business, marketing, public relations or similar field of study
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in philanthropy and fundraising
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with exceptional listening, networking and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, maintain confidentiality, exercise diplomacy, tact and good judgement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Excellent presentation skills and experience with prospect research tools and techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and personal vehicle available for use at work
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and the Federal Income Tax Act regarding charitable donations and sponsorships
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) professional designation is considered an asset
This posting will remain open until filled. First candidate review will commence August 1, 2023.
We also provide a balance of on-campus and remote work through our recently introduced Remote Work Policy. As a place-based organization all positions will involve some degree of on campus work.
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review from Human Resources during the posting period. Please contact email@example.com to request a copy.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (original transcripts/credentials).
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services http://www.wes.org/ca/.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community. We offer an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all qualified individuals who feel they can further enhance campus diversity and equity efforts.
If requested, accommodations will be made to support applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.