Development Officer (2022-792-CS)
|Program Overview – The WoodGreen Foundation, Central Services|
|The WoodGreen Foundation is the charitable arm of WoodGreen Community Services. The WoodGreen Foundation supports WoodGreen Community Services by fundraising, building awareness, and through corporate engagement and business development activities. The Development Officer will provide high level administrative and research support to The WoodGreen Foundation staff and The Foundation Board of Directors.|
|What You Will Do|
|Prospect Research, Management and Pipeline Development:
· Provide ongoing, proactive research and administrative support to the Executive Director and Foundation staff by preparing thorough research and analysis related to current and prospective donors, including corporate, individual, foundation, and grants.
· Support the renewal and growth of revenue with existing funders by identifying and researching new opportunities.
· Conduct detailed biographical, corporate, foundation, and financial research for identified prospects using advanced on-line databases, and other sources to qualify philanthropic capacity and inclination. Create and maintain research profiles using this information.
· Administer prospect clearance process, manage the development of donor pipeline, work with the Executive Director, Foundation team/volunteers to identify and qualify prospects.
· Assign prospects and monitor all fundraising activity as part of moves management process using Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module; meet regularly with senior fundraisers to track and support their activity against benchmarks.
· Prompt and support cultivation and solicitation strategies to maximize revenue; collaborate with fundraising staff and senior volunteers to implement prospect strategies.
· In coordination with the Database Manager produce reports, dashboards, and carry out statistical analysis to inform prospect development strategies and drive activity forward.
· Support senior staff and volunteers on meetings and calls including briefing notes, call reports and evaluating next steps.
· Act as first point of contact for the Foundation; help to address questions and respond to interests of prospects and donors, Board, and members of the community. Respond to all inquiries by phone and email in a timely manner.
· Proactively and strategically provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Foundation staff, and Board in day-to-day management of their portfolios, including assisting with prospecting, cultivation and stewardship activities.
· Provide a wide-range of administrative duties including preparing customized correspondence, generating reports, briefing notes and call reports and preparing packages and presentations.
· Coordinate and support Foundation, Board, Committee, and team meetings, including scheduling meetings, taking minutes and preparing presentations and reports; provide appropriate follow-up to Board members following meetings.
· Assist in the preparation of customized donor communications, proposals, gift agreements and stewardship reports.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of individualized stewardship plans for major donors, including drafting personalized thank you letters; ensure that donors receive correspondence and other related material in a timely and professional manner consistent with the expectation of donors.
· Support in the organizing and execution of cultivation and stewardship activities such as tours, meetings, events, and private dinners.
· Assist in the preparation of fundraising materials, including editing, packaging, and distribution of proposals, grant applications, and letters of inquiry.
· Implement policies and practices, including but not limited to gift policies, donor acknowledgement, and recognition and reporting.
· Process and track all Foundation expenses, working closely with Finance Team.
· Exhibit the flexibility and the aptitude to handle varied and miscellaneous special projects and duties as required.
· Liaise with Office of President and other units to schedule meetings and documentation.
Database Administration Support
· Assist where required with gift entry and donations processing, including issuing charitable receipts in accordance with Canadian Revenue Agency standards, producing gift acknowledgements and renewal letters.
· Work with Database Manager to produce fundraising and campaign-specific reports to support the work of the Executive Director and Foundation staff
|What You Bring to the Team|
|· Bachelor of Arts.
· 5+ years of administrative and database experience.
|What Will Set You Apart|
|· Superior research skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Raisers Edge/NXT or another database.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and communication skills.
· Strong initiative with ability to understand complex issues and react appropriately.
· Previous donor correspondence experience.
· Exceptionally high level of good judgement, a pleasant and collaborative nature.
· Ability to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasked environment.