Summary of Organization’s activities:
Save a Child’s Heart Foundation Canada works with our international partners to provide medical and surgical care and treatment to children suffering from heart disease from developing countries. We work to promote education and learning opportunities for health care professionals, to improve access to adequate health care for children with heart disease in their home communities. We provide equipment, supplies and facilities for the provision of medical and surgical care and treatment to children and others in need.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Development Officer will support Save a Child’s Heart (SACH) Canada’s fundraising activities, events, outreach, as well as play a support role for the Canadian team, and other activities as directed. Duties include recruiting and supervising volunteers, contacting donors, conducting individual and foundation research, assisting with writing proposals and reports, planning and managing events and meetings, and managing SACH Canada’s annual calendar.
The applicant will work directly with the staff in the Canada office, as well as the staff in Israel and other affiliate offices, and shall act in accordance with the directions of the Canadian Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Fundraising and Communications:
- Promoting fundraising activities amongst new and existing donors, volunteers, and members of the Board of Directors
- Assisting in the writing of letters, proposals, and web and social media content, when necessary
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a prospect list to be approved by the Executive Director
- Provide administrative support to assist the Board and senior staff with their fundraising efforts, donor cultivation, and stewardship
- Schedule and facilitate committee meetings, support in the creation and implementation of events, and other fundraising activities
- Coordinate communication initiatives, including newsletters and annual mailing campaign
- Managing Save a Child’s Heart social media accounts, creating content, posting, and managing platform engagement
- Event Planning
- Assist in creating budgets, arranging venues, and overall event planning
- Attending and assisting with events, when necessary, even when they occur outside scheduled work hours
- Provide guidance and administrative support for volunteer/third-party events. Ensure all third-party events comply with SACH guidelines and funds are submitted in a timely fashion
- Create and monitor event websites for all SACH and third-party websites
- Create and adhere to timelines for every event, assisting with creating and updating budgets, and managing vendors
- Carry out and fulfill all goals as agreed upon with the Executive Director
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years of event management and/or fundraising experience and/or non‐profit development office, or similar work experience
- Experience using DonorPerfect, CrowdChange, FundraiseUp or similar programs would be considered an asset
- Excellent and proven communication skills with the ability to draft and edit a range of materials
- Exceptional organizational, planning skills and attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated, solution-oriented, and resourceful
- Computer literacy is a must – All Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with various social media platforms and experience with posting professional and engaging material to increase followers
- Ability to work independently
- Graphic design skills are an asset but not a prerequisite for the position
- Ability to work from home and has a personal computer and internet access
This is a full time (40hrs/week), paid position, working for our Toronto-based office. This is a contract position for one year, with the opportunity to renew based on review. The applicant must be able to both work in our Toronto office and have their own workspace and computer with internet access outside of the office. Currently there is no expectation to work in the office full-time, but that is subject to change.
Please send a resume and cover letter (and any other relevant materials) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2022. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Save a Child’s Heart Foundation believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination on the grounds of race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, mental disability, ancestry, place of origin, age, marital status, source of income, or family status.