Position Title: Development Officer
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Home Office/5657 15th Side Road, Milton, Ontario
Reports To: Director of Development
The Darling Home for Kids provides professional, holistic, high quality, and personalized hospice, respite and residential care for children with medical complexities and their families. We envision a world where no child is too complex to receive the love, care, and support they deserve.
Our Home is a place of joy and tranquility, filled with the smiles and laughter of children engaging in unique and enriching experiences. While children create joyful memories within our walls, their parents can take a break from the stress and isolation of caring for a child with such significant needs.
Reporting to the Director of Development, our Development Officer is responsible for contributing to the fundraising efforts of our Development Team, enabling the organization to raise funds in excess of $3 million required to support our programs, equipment and capital needs. With a primary focus on annual giving, the successful candidate will develop and deepen relationships with individuals and organizations in our community to raise funds towards operations and high priority needs. The position requires someone with fundraising experience, excellent communication skills, who is organized, able to manage multiple competing priorities and projects, and has a desire to help children and families in our community.
Our organization follows a hybrid work model. Our Development Officer will work from both their home office and The Darling Home for Kids, as well as attending off-site events and meetings.
Grow With Us:
Embark on our journey with us as we grow our Home – in fall 2021, we successfully completed a $7M capital campaign that will expand our walls and increase our ability to provide care for some of the most vulnerable children in our community. With plans to build new bedrooms and revitalize both our clinical and therapeutic spaces starting in spring of 2023, we are excited to build more space for the moments that matter.
- Support the Development Department in the implementation of a Fundraising Strategy aligned with the organization’s priorities and fiscal budget;
- Maintain a personal pipeline of individual, corporate and foundation donors ranging from $1k-$25k to contribute to individual and overall revenue targets, with a focus on raising unrestricted revenue;
- Contribute to the growth and retention of a robust third party event and cause marketing portfolio;
- Develop, implement and nurture monthly giving programs to grow and retain donor community;
- Maintain oversight of stewardship policies and procedures;
- Implement comprehensive and innovative strategies for effective donor relations and stewardship practices;
- Increase the number of and quality of donor prospects through meaningful cultivation and stewardship activities, including visits, tours, and events;
- Support the Director of Development in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift and transformational donors at the five to seven-figure level;
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Officer, develop compelling donor impact reports, and other donor-facing communications for regular and timely distribution;
- Represent the organization at community events and cheque presentations;
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the non profit sector, with an emphasis on fundraising;
- Demonstrated success in securing gifts and/or contributing to overall revenue targets;
- Proficiency with CRM databases and Microsoft Office;
- Independent and entrepreneurial self-starter;
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities;
- Flexible schedule is required to accommodate weekend and evening meetings and events;
- Unlimited access to a reliable vehicle and valid Driver’s License;
Conditions of Hire:
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Satisfactory pre-employment Medical Clearance, including proof of being fully vaccinated having received the recommended dosage(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine, as approved by Health Canada.
Total Compensation Package:
- Starting salary range of $52,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications, and based on annual revenue targets;
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability). Employer pays 80% of premiums;
- RRSP employer matching program; 3% of earnings;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Free parking on site.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Darling Home for Kids is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace culture and welcome interest from all qualified applicants. As an equal opportunity employer, we will accommodate applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for applying, and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.