Development Officer, Annual and Planned Giving
JDRF is the largest non-profit organization in the world that is exclusively focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D). At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives and funding research into cures is our #1 priority. While we wait for cures, we also fund ground-breaking research that seeks to improve the lives of people with T1D.
If you are looking to make a substantial impact in the lives of the more than 300,000 Canadians living with T1D, now is the time to join our team at JDRF.
We’re currently seeking a Development Officer, Annual and Planned Giving to join our Development team and play an integral role in the support the growth of JDRF’s annual giving revenue, with a focus on monthly giving and planned giving. You would be responsible for implementing strategies to grow monthly giving and planned giving revenue, including testing new channels to grow both programs and to support other annual giving programs as needed.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to:
- Assist in the implementation of an annual giving plan for growing monthly gifts, leveraging existing strong digital channels by creating the donor journey and engagement plan for each campaign
- Actively recruit new monthly donors using a variety of strategies such as cultivation events, personal solicitations, special projects, telemarketing, email, mail, and social media programs to secure support
- Monitor and evaluate various fundraising channels (digital marketing, direct mail, telemarketing) to ensure the achievement of objectives, in addition to recommending changes as needed
- Collaborate with regional staff to drive annual giving regionally
- Track, monitor and report on annual giving campaigns providing insights to optimize giving
- Execute a high-touch stewardship program for annual giving, acting as the point of contact for monthly donors
- Manage the annual donor processes for renewals, lapsed reactivations and acquisition campaigns, as well as identifying prospects to move through the pipeline
- Support external vendor requirements including updating and tracking acquisition targets against budget, update and maintain scripts, speaking points, and FAQs, to support reps within the program
- Maintain the channels in which new annual donors are acquired, ensuring all channels are optimized for the best donor experience and operational efficiency
- Grow the Planned Giving program, including specific bequests, gifts of insurance, endowed gifts and other planned gifts
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for the marketing of planned gifts, including the development of information resource materials
- Organize and help conduct training and information sessions for prospective donors, professional financial and estate planners, and other constituencies as required
- Lead donor relations and stewardship activity for the Planned Giving Program, acting as a main point of contact
- Maintain the administration of files for estates, endowments, gifts of securities and insurance
- Collaborate with all development staff on planned giving matters; assist in identifying, contacting, qualifying and cultivating prospective donors and donor groups
- Track, monitor and report on Planned Giving campaigns, providing insights to optimize giving
- Support the development of all other annual giving revenue streams, including Mid-Level Giving, one-time gifts and general appeals
- Deliver a donor-centric experience measured through first-year retention, multi-year renewal, upgrades, satisfaction
- Manage the tracking of actions and donors within the database
- Act as the first point of contact for our donor care team if they receive escalated complaints or inquiries
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you have the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- University degree and study in a relevant field e.g. Fundraising, Marketing, and 2-3 years related work experience in fundraising, sales, events, marketing or account management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in both donor-facing and donor-support roles; experience working on donor solicitation would be an asset
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creative problem-solving and planning combined with exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to review and analyze results as well as drive or shift activities based on results
- Experience in donor relationship management
- Exceptional written communication skills with demonstrated storytelling capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office and experience working within a CRM
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset
Location: Flexible within Canada. Remote, In-office or Hybrid working arrangements may be possible, depending on location within Canada.
Why choose JDRF?
At JDRF, we foster innovation and strive to think differently while working towards our mission in a collaborative, dynamic and positive work environment. Each day, we live our core values of Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Collaboration; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability. We prioritize growing our talent from within and strive to provide development opportunities to our team. We also offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, group RRSP matching program, paid annual vacation, professional development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
Ready to apply? Please submit your application online today!
Anticipated salary for new incumbent is $47,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience.
JDRF strives to foster a workplace that reflects the diversity of the community it serves and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. JDRF is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Please advise if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.