Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises of Circle of Care; Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. Diversity, equity and inclusion are an important part of our culture. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
The Donor Experience team partners across Sinai Health Foundation to deliver a best-in-class donor experience. We create and oversee touchpoints and communications to deepen the donor’s connection and showcase impact. We deliver a bespoke experience for our donors that is personalized and meaningful.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Donor Experience, the Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events will work with a dynamic team to deliver a robust “experiential” stewardship program. The Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events supports in building excellence through the planning, supporting, executing, and oversight of logistical requirements for events and high-touch meetings in their portfolio, with a focus on stewardship, cultivation, and governance activities. The Donor Experience team is especially excited for centennial activities taking place throughout 2023, celebrating the 100th anniversary of Mount Sinai Hospital and deepening donor engagement to fuel the next 100 years.
The ideal candidate has a solid track record of executing a range of exceptional high-quality events and programming. The Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events is a strategic and detailed-oriented individual with superior organizational skills.
The Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events has a high degree of thoughtfulness required to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a high-pressure, high-volume, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The Development Officer, Donor Experience & Events is responsible for overseeing costs, handling complex situations and applying Sinai Health Foundation’s policies and processes to the events they are leading.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works collaboratively with the Senior Manager, Donor Experience and many stakeholders over multiple teams to ensure a seamless process and project management of activities
- Acts as the event project management lead; executes all logistics and communications surrounding events and high-touch meetings, including centennial activities celebrating the 100th anniversary of Mount Sinai Hospital taking place throughout 2023
- Acts as a point of contact for internal colleagues to support stewardship brainstorming, strategizing and execution for external donors and stakeholders
- Liaises with vendors, suppliers, donors and other affiliated groups and individuals as needed with a focus on service excellence
- Provides outstanding service to all stakeholders ensuring the highest standard of experience for event attendees, including timely pre and post event follow-up
- Attends meetings with donors, volunteers and event leaders as required
- Works with the Donor Experience team to contribute to planning and supporting large-scale projects that require additional resources
- Escalates sensitive and or challenging situations to their manager, as appropriate
- This role will require some evening and weekend work as needed for events.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma from an accredited educational institution. Proven equivalent and recent related education, training and experience may be considered
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience, preferably within a large dynamic non-for-profit environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or another relational database
- An ability to project and track an expense budget while keeping savings top of mind; demonstrated financial acumen
- An innovative, creative thinking person with the ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Ability to be assertive while respectful in managing expectations of a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills; able to find innovative solutions with limited time
- Self-starter with a bias for action; solutions oriented; has the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while handling multiple tasks and interruptions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: flexibility, fun, collaboration, respect and trust.