Development Officer, Major Gifts
The Development Officer – Major Gifts is a key member of the Development team and plays an integral role in advancing CMH Foundation’s mission; joining our efforts to champion a culture of philanthropy in support of Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Working within the ever-evolving healthcare system, the role of engaging our generous community of donors and friends in philanthropy, partnerships, and investments is paramount to the ongoing success of our community Hospital. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, we work closely with grateful patients, individuals, corporate, service clubs, and foundation donors, along with our healthcare professionals, volunteers, and the wider community to invest $5 million annually in vital equipment for our Hospital.
Working with the Major Gifts team, this position will support key fundraising activity and be responsible for generating fundraising revenue, identifying potential sources of funding, developing and executing cultivation and solicitation strategies for current and potential donors with a focus on major giving.
With stewardship top of mind, the key to the success of this position is the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and prospects sharing both our case for support and the impact of investment in your conversations and activities.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with current donors and prospects with a gift capacity of $5,000 – $75,000 to achieve an annual revenue target.
- Help prepare and write fundraising materials including cases for support, proposals, briefing notes, stewardship reports, and other correspondence to support fundraising efforts with a keen interest in evolving online donor engagement tools
- Engage in collaborative teamwork for sponsorship solicitations with our Donor Engagement, Events, Lead ($5,000+).
- Document moves management in our donor relations management system and reflects all fundraising activity including call outcomes, actions, notes, relationship connections, etc.
- Provide strategic moves management support to senior members of the Development team.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of hospital programs and related priorities.
- Cultivate and support clinicians as they develop their giving potential and prospect relations.
- Assist in other duties and special projects as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts team and the Foundation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/abilities:
Qualifications & Skills
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a discipline applicable to the position or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising and/or major gift environment.
- Excellent writing, research, communication, and presentation skills – virtual and in-person
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong program management skills
- Self-starter who is motivated to learn and grow
- Commitment to excellent donor service and stewardship
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to juggle competing priorities, to be part of a team, to be responsive and to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT or similar fundraising software
- Comfortable with and engaged in social media
- Versatile in platforms such as Adobe PDF Editor, Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, and WordPress, including Cloud and VPN environments.
Contract position for 18 months with potential for full time employment
Access to personal transportation is required due to the nature of this position.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated two months from the date of conditional offer from CMHF.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodations will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Please e-mail email@example.com to apply for this position.