Development Officer , Major Gifts
Job Title: Development Officer , Major Gifts
Reports To: Senior Manager, Major Gifts
Division: Fund Development
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Monday–Friday (9am–5pm)
Salary : Starting from $50,000
Location: 155 Bermondsey Road, Toronto ON. Habitat GTA currently deploys a hybrid working environment, asking staff to come onsite once (1) per week at minimum.
Who We Are
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area (Habitat GTA) is leading the way in addressing one of the most pressing issues of our time: the need for affordable homes. We partner with working families in need of an affordable, safe and secure place to live and enable their family’s ability to thrive. We are a land developer, a home builder, a fundraiser, and a mortgage holder. In support of our homebuilding operations, Habitat GTA operates a retail home improvement store called Habitat ReStore, which sells donated home furnishings, appliances, and renovation materials, with all proceeds helping us build more homes.
Habitat GTA is growing. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial social enterprise that has been increasing our capacity for impact each and every year. Together, we are building a better, more inclusive GTA for everyone.
The Major Gifts Officer will assist in the development and implementation of targeted and robust communication, solicitation and stewardship plans to manage and grow donor relationships and support all activities associated with the growth and expansion of the Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs. The incumbent will personally manage a portfolio of prospects to achieve annual goals and to help build a pipeline for sustainable growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Habitat for Humanity GTA as a Brand Ambassador by modeling our values and guiding principles
- Learn, understand and participate in the Health and Safety Program
- Be part of a team of experienced, engaged fundraisers working towards established targets to ensure annual financial goals are met or exceeded by contributing to all aspects of the major gifts and planned giving programs, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities related to prospective and existing Major donors
- Develop and coordinate solicitation strategies to strengthen the major gift prospect pipeline
- Oversee the stewardship and cultivation of all mid-level donors
- Coordinate support cross-departmentally from marketing, family partnerships, land development, and volunteer services
- Provide administrative support for all MG fundraising initiatives
- Manage the administration and reporting for all estate gifts received by Habitat GTA
- Act as a Habitat for Humanity GTA ambassador by attending events that support the major gift and planned giving programs
What You Bring
- Minimum one [preferably two] year fund development experience; major gifts fundraising experience is an asset
- Familiarity with prospect clearance and coordination of the donor relationship
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to work effectively with all donors, volunteers, staff and other stakeholders with tact, diplomacy and utmost sensitivity around confidentiality
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- High computer literacy able to navigate Microsoft Office applications with ease; Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising software experience preferred.
- A team player who displays initiative, and is highly results oriented
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Should possess a Class G license and access to own vehicle is an asset
- A passion like ours…to help put more families into homes!
Why Join Us?
- A meaningful opportunity to make a difference in your local community and to have first-hand contact with the families whose lives are transformed by our work
- The pride of being part of a highly respected, high profile global charity
- A stimulating, fast paced professional opportunity in a team of like-minded ‘world-changers’
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP eligibility
- Flexible work arrangements
- Internal job mobility and developmental opportunities
- Wellness initiatives including EAP and corporate gym membership rate with Goodlife Fitness
If you are ready to make a change in your local community and become a part of our team at Habitat for Humanity GTA, click on the Apply button within this posting or click on our Careers Page to find more: https://habitatgta.ca/careers/
Your Future at Habitat for Humanity GTA Awaits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada throughout the duration of their employment with Habitat for Humanity GTA. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities, providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements of the employment position. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
As part of our selection process, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity GTA, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.