Development Officer, Mid-level
Reporting into the Manager of Development, the Development Officer is responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of mid-level individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
This position will plan and implement strategic fundraising plans to meet annual performance goals. This includes cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with a portfolio of donors and prospects. In all relationships, the Development Officer will deliver excellence in stewardship that demonstrates transparency, while sustaining and increasing revenue-generating potential.
Donor Development/Revenue Generation
- Act as primary relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of ~200 mid-level ($1,000-$9,999) individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Support all donations and requests for information to meet revenue goals.
- Prepare funding proposals and reports aligned to the donor’s area of interest.
- Execute strategies to identify and build relationships with qualified potential donors, including using qualification tools and research capacity to create profiles. Contribute research and funding notes to qualify prospective donors.
- Build pipeline through prospect identification, tracking performance and reporting progress monthly.
- Champion an active exchange with donors, through donor-facing / personal interactions and portfolio calls. Attend and assist in development- and donor-organized events (cheque presentations, speaking opportunities, etc.).
- Ensure all donor activity is recorded in Raiser’s Edge within 24 hours.
- Establish an effective stewardship program for donors, which includes appropriate reporting and engagement activities.
- Cultivate and steward donor relationships to boost loyalty and uncover opportunities for fundraising growth from new and returning donors.
- Develop, prepare and order donor recognition materials.
Education & Experience
- Post-Secondary; ideally focused on Business, Marketing, Administration or Fundraising.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience planning and executing profitable fundraising events.
- Proven ability to solicit and close donor gifts at the $1,000 – $9,999 level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of principles and techniques related to donor acquisition and retention, sponsorship, and corporate giving.
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with CRM databases (Raisers Edge / RE NXT).
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships. Proven ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently.
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations and tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required.
- Clean Police Record Check required
- Valid Driver’s License
To apply, please visit https://easyapply.co/a/1d96f096-3c2a-4742-9aad-b9b6b58331f9