Development Officer – Operations
Are you a Raiser’s Edge expert who is keen to join a successful and well-respect fund development team? The Development Officer – Operations is a seasoned development professional and Raiser’s Edge expert who is responsible for all aspects of this specialized database. This includes oversight of technical aspects of the database as well as data integrity, reports, analytics and vendor management. The role is primary in all processes relating to donations received through the Office of Development for Durham College which includes processing gifts, issuing receipts and acknowledgement letters to donors.
The role is also accountable for prospect research and identification for both capital and annual campaigns as well as operational and administrative support for the associate vice president and the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs. In addition, this role manages the PayDay Lottery, an internal fundraising campaign, including quarterly applications, formal reporting, promotion, execution and stewardship
This role serves as Secretary to the Durham College Foundation Board which includes attending meetings, minutes, agendas, supporting the investment management firm, and working closely with the Finance department for reporting purposes.
- Expertly uses Raiser’s Edge to provide data analytics, develop processes, ensure data integrity, develop and customize reports, execute college requests for data, and manages R/E vendors.
- Accountable for all database functions including appropriate resources are in place and working with IT for optimum database conditions and performance.
Prospect Identification and Research
- Uses various techniques to research prospective donors to support fundraising campaigns.
- Makes recommendations based on prospect affinity, linkage and ability to determine next steps for engagement in college.
- Manages PayDay Lottery including reporting, promoting, stewarding and executing the draw each month.
- Primary liaison to Finance for Office of Development financial reporting and processes:
- Process, monitor and track gifts to ensure compliance with donor’s direction for gift purpose.
- Review and reconcile Raiser’s Edge data with Banner and bank account data, including endowment funds.
- Provide data and records to Finance in support of internal and external audits.
- Maintain an up-to-date records in Raiser’s Edge pertaining to pledge and donor award details, the integrity of fund allocations and appeals/giving history.
- Produce and issue charitable and business receipts in accordance with CRA regulations, and custom acknowledgements for gifts processed through the Office of Development.
- Develop, prepare, monitor and track operating budget. Process invoices, prepare purchase requisitions and expense reports and reconcile MasterCard statements.
- Undertake coordination and logistical support for a variety of meetings for the Associate VP.
- Manage Associate VP calendar.
- Develop, implement and maintain operating policies and procedures and ensure compliance with office goals and objectives.
- Manage expense reports for Associate VP
- Manage attendance and vacation schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and equipment for the department.
- Prepare queries, export and merge information for constituent mailings.
- DC Foundation Secretary duties including meetings, minutes, agendas, supporting the investment management firm, and working closely with the Finance department on endowments for reporting purposes
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a three-year diploma or degree in Office Administration, Database administration, or Fund Development along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fundraising environment. The incumbent will be highly proficient in Raiser’s Edge database administration and have experience working directly with donors as well as a thorough knowledge of Canada revenue Agency (CRA) principles. The ideal candidate will be a skilled and experienced administrator with exceptional Microsoft Office skills; familiarity and experience working with Banner/Fast is considered an asset.