Development Officer, Philanthropy & Partnerships
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Home Office/5657 15th Side Road, Milton, Ontario
Reports To: Director of Development
Posted On: July 25, 2023
Posting Closes: August 31, 2023
The Darling Home for Kids was Ontario’s first paediatric hospice, and today, is the only provider of a continuum of services for families who are raising a child with complex medical needs. To support the growing rate of these special children who require extensive medical care and technology for daily living, our organization will undergo a comprehensive capital expansion this year to add 10,000 square feet to create new spaces and elevate our level of care. Located on 77 acres on the Niagara Escarpment, we exist to fulfill a critical gap between hospital and home through our Residential, Hospice and Respite services, providing families with the vital support they need to meet the demands of caring for a child with significant medical needs.
Coming off the heels of a highly successful capital campaign, our organization is in a phase of rapid growth, and we’re looking for a dedicated, passionate, and entrepreneurial individual to help meet the demand for our increased revenue needs. Our Development Officer, Philanthropy and Partnerships, will help build our individual and corporate giving portfolio, setting us up for success for the future of The Darling Home for Kids. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is an exceptional relationship-builder with the drive and innovation to establish new and meaningful partnerships in the Milton community and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of Development, our new Development Officer, Philanthropy and Partnerships, is responsible for contributing to the collective fundraising efforts of our Development Team, enabling the organization to raise funds in excess of $3 million required to support our programs, equipment, and capital needs. The successful candidate will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a comprehensive pipeline of individual and corporate donors, with a focus on securing gifts $5,000+. This team member will demonstrate excellent communication skills, with a strong knowledge of the moves management process and the ability to effectively close gifts.
Our organization follows a hybrid work model. The chosen candidate will work from The Darling Home for Kids at 1+ days per week, dependent on business needs, their home office, and attend cultivation/stewardship events and donor meetings in Halton Region and the GTA.
• Build and manage a personal pipeline of 50-75 individual and corporate donors ranging from $5,000-$25,000;
• Maintain a donor visit schedule of 10+ in-person cultivation/solicitation visits on a monthly basis;
• Actively participate in prospect clearance and pipeline development, in collaboration with internal team members and key stakeholders;
• Develop and implement comprehensive and innovative strategies for effective donor relations and stewardship practices;
• Increase the number of and quality of donor prospects through meaningful cultivation and stewardship activities, including visits, tours, and events;
• Support the Director of Development in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift and transformational donors at the six and seven-figure level;
• Working with the Development Officer, Annual Giving, examine opportunities for donor migration from the annual fund to campaign, capital, and equipment funding priorities, with effective transitions;
• Working with Marketing and Communications, develop compelling materials such as cases for support, personalized funding proposals and custom impact reports;
• Maintain a deep knowledge of all facets of The Darling Home for Kids’ programs and services for donor meetings and discussions;
• Ensure accurate record-keeping and up-to-date information is reported on a weekly basis through our CRM system;
• Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned.
• A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field;
• Minimum 3+ years of fundraising experience;
• A track record of personal success in securing gifts over $5,000 and contributing to overall revenue targets;
• Ability to independently research, develop and manage a robust pipeline;
• Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey a compelling case for support to new and diverse audiences;
• Excel in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities;
• Proficiency with CRM databases and Microsoft Office;
• Unlimited access to a reliable vehicle and valid Driver’s License.
Conditions of Hire:
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
• Satisfactory pre-employment Medical Clearance, including proof of being fully vaccinated having received the recommended dosage(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine, as approved by Health Canada.
Total Compensation Package:
• Salary range of $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications;
• Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability);
• RRSP employer matching program;
• Funds and time for professional development;
• Flexible work hours;
• Free parking on site.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, and regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Darling Home for Kids is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace culture and welcome interest from all qualified applicants. As an equal opportunity employer, we will accommodate applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process.