Development Officer, Stewardship
Full Time, Permanent
Toronto, Ontario (240 McCaul Street)
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a Development Officer, Stewardship to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of Development, the Development Officer is responsible for enhancing and implementing a comprehensive stewardship program. This position works with colleagues throughout the organization to gather content that allows all supporters feel extremely positive about the impact of their generosity on families with a seriously ill child and have the utmost confidence in RMHC Toronto to manage and recognize their contributions. In all relationships, the Development Officer will deliver excellence in stewardship that demonstrates transparency, while sustaining and increasing revenue-generating potential.
- Establish an effective stewardship program for all donors, including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, events, and community initiatives.
- Cultivate and steward donor relationships to boost loyalty and uncover opportunities for fundraising growth from new and returning donors.
- Plan and execute customized stewardship plans for donors and sponsors in alignment with the department’s annual operating plans.
- Prepare donor impact reports, and other pertinent stewardship materials in collaboration with Marketing and Communications.
- Write tailored thank you letters and pledge reminder letters.
- Liaise with RMHC Toronto program staff to gather information for stewardship letters and reports.
- Plan and execute donor tours, cultivation events, and stewardship events.
- Increase experiential stewardship opportunities.
- Develop, prepare, and order donor recognition materials including physical naming opportunities.
- Ensure all donor activity is recorded in Raiser’s Edge within 24 hours.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary Education; ideally focused on Business, Marketing, Administration or Fundraising.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience building strong relationships with donors, ensuring they feel appreciated and understand the impact of their generosity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of principles and techniques related to donor stewardship and retention, for individual, foundation and corporate donors.
- Ability to surpass donors’ expectations using creativity, innovation, and a multi-channel approach.
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience with CRM databases (Raisers Edge / RE NXT).
- Proven ability to retain and upgrade donors through stewardship activities.
- Effective problem solver with initiative to be innovative and creative with developing new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships. Proven ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, as well as independently.
- Strong ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as required.
- Clean Police Record Check and valid driver’s license required
- Experience with Canva or InDesign is an asset.
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- Competitive compensation & health benefits package
- RRSP program
- Wellness days
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application online by clicking this link:
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.