LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic charitable organization that supports people living with complicated issues such as mental and physical health challenges, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. Serving approximately 13,000 annually and providing 1,788 supportive housing units last year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers of its kind. LOFT stands for Leap of Faith Together.
Our employees have an opportunity to take calculated risks and lead the way in the creation, implementation and evaluation of system wide solutions. We work hard. We care passionately. We celebrate. Our staff are the key to our success. LOFT is recognized as a Nonprofit Employer of Choice™ Award (NEOC) recipient and we believe that our LOFTy culture is at the core of everything we do.
To help fulfill its mission, LOFT is hiring a Development Specialist.
Note that this is a hybrid role requiring the successful candidate to work onsite based out of our downtown Toronto adminstrative office or at one of program locations when required.
JOB SUMMARY: To cultivate and nurture donors by developing compelling reasons to give while ensuring a positive donor experience through stewardship and engagement. Working both independently and collaboratively on the execution of duties and responsibilities relating to direct response cultivation, donor engagement and stewardship, database accuracy and the efficient operation of annual fundraising in a timely and efficient manner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
1. Direct Response Cultivation Appeals
- Working closely with the Manager, Marketing & Communications, implement direct response campaigns (print and email) to cultivate annual, mid-level, monthly donors through the development of data criteria, ensuring campaigns are properly tracked and measurable in an integrated manner.
- Coordinate the production process between the creative, content development and direct response vendors, ensuring timely execution.
- Gather relevant content, ensuring appropriate consent from clients, staff and ensuring accuracy on details of programs from program staff.
2. Database management
- Ensuring the CRM software is properly maintained, working with vendor CRM support, ensuring repairs and fixes are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all donor records are accurate, complete and up to date in the donor database, contacting the donor if necessary.
- Conduct regular database maintenance processes/protocols as recommended by the software supplier such as duplicate purging, record consolidation, address accuracy/National Change of Address updates.
- Importing cleaned data from mail fulfillment partners.
- Set up campaigns and appeals with all relevant performance tracking codes as required to support the measurement of Development and Communication plans.
- Managing and providing all donor lists while respecting individual donor communication preferences (frequency of communication, donor listings etc).
3. Gift-in-Kind donations
- Initial point of contact for all potential donors.
- Develop and maintain “wish list” from all Program Directors and coordinating with program coordinator as necessary to determine if offered gifts are needed.
- Coordinating receipt and distribution.
- Providing appropriate receipting and documentation as required for Canada Revenue Agency and stewardship of gifts.
- Adds donors into donor database per Development process.
- Send out thank you letters in a timely manner.
4. Annual fundraising events
Working in conjunction with Manager, Marketing & Communications to coordinate the execution of fundraising events from developing donor lists, invitations, donation and/or ticket sale logistics and developing donor profiles to support donor relationships
5. New Donor program
- Ensure all new donor records are complete and accurate in the donor database and background assessment conducted to determine cultivation strategy.
- Ensuring all new donors receive a new donor welcome package in a timely manner after their gift is received.
- Ensuring all new donors are placed in the cultivation process that optimizes their giving.
- Supervising volunteer tasks for volunteers in Development (thank you calls, donor updates, administrative)
- Providing appropriate follow-up and thank you’s
- Cultivate volunteers into donors, identifying high capacity volunteers for prospecting
7. Speaker’s Bureau
- Work with Speaker’s Bureau volunteer to set up speaking opportunities that are high capacity cultivation opportunities
- Develop prospect lists of lapsed churches and organizations to volunteer
- Update prospective actions in the database and report regularly
- Maintain Speaker’s Bureau lists and assign speakers accordingly with appropriate calls to action for immediate engagement.
- Other duties as assigned on occasion in support of overall departmental goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Minimum of 5 years of related working experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in fundraising, database, or related discipline is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of The Raisers’ Edge or similar fundraising CRM.
- Strong technical ability with Luminate Online or similar email marketing platform.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills.
- A team player with proven ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Understanding of cultural competency and anti-oppression framework.
- Reflective of a multi-barriered group, as serviced by LOFT, a strong asset.
TO APPLY: Send resume with cover letter to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com
Note: All LOFT employees are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with LOFT’s Vaccination Policy. A satisfactory vulnerable sector check (VSC) is also required.*
LOFT Community Services is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve. LOFT is committed to making employment opportunities accessible in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requested accommodation will be provided in all parts of the application and hiring process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (416) 979-1994.
We welcome and encourage people from equity identities to apply for this position.
PLEASE INCLUDE : “Development Specialist” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF ANY EMAILS .