Digital Communications Officer
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking an experienced strategic Digital Communications Officer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a champion of health equity and skilled in web, social media and digital communications.
Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access is a necessity for this role, as this is a guiding principle at WCHF.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, racialized people, LGBTQ2+ individuals, people with disabilities, and foreign-born residents to apply.
Women’s College Hospital
For more than 135 years, Women’s College Hospital has been developing revolutionary advances in healthcare. Now more than ever we know how important it is to address issues related to population health, patient experience, and system costs. At Women’s we advocate for healthcare equity because we know that a healthy society requires a level playing field where everyone has access to timely, high quality, efficient and compassionate care. Today, Women’s is a world leader in revolutionizing healthcare for women and advancing health system solutions for all. Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Through the generosity of the community, the Foundation fuels the Hospital’s excellence in research and health care. Women’s is at the leading edge of fundamental changes in the healthcare system and the Foundation plays a critical role in advancing this agenda by supporting the Hospital and its extended mandate. With a long and proven history, Women’s is building on its established success to continue its role as a trailblazer. Donors have been, and continue to be, paramount to the success of progressive healthcare.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, the Digital Communications Officer is a key member of the communications team responsible for supporting and executing digital and social strategies, developing compelling, audience-centred digital content, and amplifying our brand online. This role requires the nimbleness to both think strategically and execute at a tactical level.
The Digital Communications Officer is also responsible for maintaining our website content and disseminating our monthly e-newsletter using an online e-mail campaign platform.
– Social media editorial planning, content calendars and writing/producing post content
– Website content calendars, updates, and management
– Writing, building and disseminating e-communications including newsletters and e-mail campaigns.
Key Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Support the development of WCHF’s digital and social media strategy with the execution of online marketing and digital communications (website, social media, e-mail communications)
• Manage all social media platforms for the Foundation, including social media listening, monitoring, and daily content development and dissemination
• Run, monitor and update paid advertising on social media as required
• Using CRM tools and Google Analytics, help to establish engagement and performance metrics to help make data-driven decisions to optimize future campaigns.
• Planning and managing content for campaign emails and monthly e-newsletters
• Collaborate with the Foundation Communications team and Hospital Communications team on all editorial calendars to support execution
• Support fundraising activity to increase online and offline giving, from cultivation to stewardship
Qualifications and Skills
• Post-secondary education in a related field, or comparable work experience
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a digital communications or marketing-related field. Non-profit/fundraising experience an asset
• Experience working with social media management tools such as HootSuite, Sprout Social and Facebook Insights
• Extensive experience creating audience-centred content for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
• Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), including WordPress, and email marketing platforms.
• Experience using Google Analytics and Google AdWords
• Proven experience in managing and writing for social channels and website content creation and integration (using a CMS)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Raisin an asset
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and content design principles is an asset
• Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to multi-task with minimal supervision;
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work well under tight timelines or changes in priorities;
• Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented;
• Exceptional communication skills
• A creative, goal-oriented self-starter
• Personable and service-oriented
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and work within tight timelines
• Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, such as a willingness and capacity to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000, eligibility for merit pay and comprehensive benefits including Healthcare Ontario Pension Plan enrollment
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter by June 24, 2022
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, members of racialized groups, women and any others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Foundation and Hospital community. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our Access for People with Disabilities policy. Applicants are asked to make their requirements known in advance.
To submit your application please CLICK HERE and click on the “I am interested” button at the bottom of the page.