Digital Communications Specialist
Working at The Bishop Strachan School is challenging, exciting and rewarding. It’s also a lot of fun. This is the place to be if you value forward-thinking leadership and enthusiastically embrace a global perspective.
We offer the opportunity to join an exceptional community of professionals and contribute meaningfully to the education of tomorrow’s transformational leaders. As an employer, we focus on building and developing our employees to be the very best at what they do. We offer competitive compensation, a variety of benefits and supports, and a thought-provoking and inspirational environment.
If you’re looking to challenge yourself and be a leader in girls’ education, we invite you to explore a career with BSS.
Summary of Position:
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development and delivery of key communications and marketing initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the school, promote its vision, mission and values, and uphold its brand and standards.
- Manages the development and production of digital and print collateral, working with department staff and vendors to achieve a high level of quality and innovation, and an accurate reflection of the BSS brand and communications standards
- Oversees the planning, creation and publishing of web content and ensures the functionality and performance of the BSS website, including interfacing with front-end designers, back-end developers and the BSS Technology and Innovation Team
- Works with school departments and digital agency to provide assets, develop content and landing pages, track metrics and optimize SEO
- Develops editorial content, news articles, and advertising copy that promote the brand and accurately reflect the work of the school
- Prepares written content for brochures, reports and other various projects by conducting interviews, researching and writing
- Develops and maintains efficient department systems, policies, regulations and processes, upholding industry best practices in project management and oversees major department projects
- Prioritizes and manages school-wide support requests, liaising with other departments to confirm and clarify goals and deliverables
- Monitors and upholds the BSS brand and communications standards, editing and proofing all materials for quality control and provides guidance, support and consultation to other departments on strategic communications, branding and project management
- Oversees work of professional designers
- Handles office administration, including organizing vendor invoicing and department meetings
- Embeds diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging values into all activities
- Commits to the Staff Growth and Evaluation Program
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Communications and marketing experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, agency and/or education setting
- Communications degree or diploma and/or a related combination of experience, including project management
- A skilled writer, with demonstrated ability and experience producing editorial, articles and advertising copy
- Superior strategic communications, writing and editing skills in digital and print platforms
- Data generation, analysis and measurement skills
- Experience in website content updates with providers such as Blackbaud, Final Site or WordPress
- Digital design skills and high level of expertise within Mac and Google docs environment
- Project management expertise, ability to prioritize and meet tight timelines
- Professional manner, customer-service orientation and comfortable with fast-paced environment
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends during the school year
- A sense of humour
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school
Why Work at BSS?
We value the willingness to take risks in order to learn and grow – and not just for our students. At BSS, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an unparalleled setting, with access to innovative tools, support and resources, so you can pursue ongoing professional learning, whatever your role. BSS offers a competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Extensive health and dental benefits package
- Lunches provided with a taxable benefit
- Use of on-site fitness center
- Substantial Professional Development opportunities
- All Statutory Holidays including additional administrative days off
- And a chance to be part of a great community!
BSS Values Diversity:
BSS is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and respectful environment. We believe that diversity in our school fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We are also committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please contact the Executive Assistant, Human Resources and Finance at 416-483-4325, ext. 4207 or by email at email@example.com.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Digital Communications Specialist in the subject line. For more information about BSS, please visit our website at www.bss.on.ca
Please note, we have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for employees, unless official documentation of a human rights exemption is provided and can be accommodated.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school
and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca