Digital Content Officer
Date: July 2022
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $60,000+ Per Annum Plus Benefits
Time Required on-site: 40% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Second Harvest is looking for a creative and curious team player to join our story-telling team as the Digital Content Officer. This position is responsible for executing Second Harvest’s content strategy across our organic and paid social media platforms, our website, and our email program platforms in support of organizational priorities. We are looking for a polished communicator, who is savvy with established and emerging digital content platforms and can craft engaging content that will expand the reach and awareness of the Second Harvest brand. This role will create, curate, and build the Second Harvest online community and report against established KPIs and metrics.
- Lead in the planning, development, and implementation of social media and strategy and communications activities, in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing & Communications department.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to support organic and paid social media needs and make recommendations based on data and best practices across Second Harvest’s social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok and emerging platforms.
- Create social media content: write copy, design images and video, and obtain approvals. Work with graphic designers and video producers as needed.
- Maintain the brand’s online presence through engagement and social listening; respond to external direct messages, tagged posts, liking, and reply to posts as needed using various monitoring tools.
- Attend events and produce live social media content, plan pre- and post-content in support of these events.
- Write and create powerful certain email communications to engage and invite our donor base to contribute financially.
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to improve Second Harvest’s digital content effectiveness; strategically channel content to leverage news items and stories; identify potential social influencers for partnerships; stay up to date with the latest digital channels, trends, and best practices.
- Maintain unified and authentic brand voice across all digital channels; ensure guidelines and standards are adhered to when designing digital media content.
- Maintain editorial calendar for social media marketing and email marketing.
- Possess an understanding of culture and regional differences in support of Second Harvest’s national scope.
- Track and monitor analytics across all digital content platforms, providing analysis, reports, and updates. Define and report on KPIs and make recommendations based on data.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- An Industry Expert: you have a thorough understanding and are an expert with major social media platforms and management tools. You understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space. You have demonstrated success running a social media program, content marketing, and social communication on behalf of a recognized brand.
- Passionate: you are inspired by the potential that social media has in building connections, interacting with audiences, and telling one’s story. You are ready to apply your craft to our vision of “No Waste. No Hunger.”
- Communicator: you have strong copywriting and copy-editing skills. You can create, curate, and deliver thought-provoking content across multiple channels.
- Analytical: data is your friend. You can use social media metrics to pinpoint what has been successful, what is not working, and how to improve it. You have metrics on your past achievements through social media platforms.
- Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option.
- A Continuous Learner: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow.
- Proven experience with video and photo editing tools, managing CMS tools, and producing content in various digital media formats, and HTML.
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- *Bilingualism would be considered a strong asset.
- Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before August 11, 2022, via email, with “DIGITAL CONTENT OFFICER” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.