Digital Fundraising Manager
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. This position plays a lead role in executing the strategy to acquire and retain new high quality monthly and one time giving donors. The Digital Fundraising Manager works with the Director of Direct Marketing to operationalize, manage and analyze the effectiveness of donor acquisition and retention initiatives through digital channels to ensure financial targets are achieved.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and execute a multi-channel digital fundraising and engagement strategy in collaboration with the Director of Direct Marketing, the Head of Communications, Media and Public Relations, and other direct marketing channel managers.
- Manage the implementation of the digital acquisition and retention program for Save the Children using email marketing, lead generation, social media (paid and organic), display ads, search and other digital platforms as appropriate.
- Identify new and creative growth strategies; develop plans to reach growth targets; ensure ongoing testing and program optimization.
- Ensure that all KPIs, acquisition and financial targets are met across all digital channels.
- Adjust budget allocation from low-performing to high-performing areas as required.
- Develop and monitor clearly defined metrics of success for all digital activity, providing regular reporting to key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with other channel managers, identify and work towards shared targets and measures of success.
- Based on campaign performance, recommend adjustments as needed.
- Manage vendors to the responsibilities and metrics of success outlined in the contract and statement of work.
- Manage the acquisition budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to improve cost efficiency and quality of vendor services and/or support.
- Perform annual audits / review of vendors.
- Support vendor selection process through identification of requirements, development of RFP’s and selection process as required.
Qualifications & Competencies (include but are not limited to):
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing and fundraising; experience working at an INGO or other non-profit strongly preferred.
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding acquisition and fundraising targets through digital marketing.
- Training or certification in a related discipline such as digital marketing, fundraising, sales or the equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Data savvy; experience using CMS and CRM systems for data management, content creation and campaign deployment; familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and other reporting and analytics tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in digital fundraising and marketing.
- Familiarity with fundraising trends in the Canadian market.
- Results focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Make sound decisions that are responsible and in adherence to organizational policies.
- Proven and effective project management skills and proficiency in workflow planning.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to adapt existing processes.
- Ability and flexibility to manage and adjust priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work some evening and weekends as required.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to Save the Children’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Knowledge of Gender Equality and Child Rights, considered an asset.
- Must adhere to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding policy and protocols.
- Must Complete Police Vulnerable Sector Screening.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this position, please visit https://www.savethechildren.ca/ and submit your resume and cover letter by December 3, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $63,849 to $70,633
SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501 ext. 262.