Digital Fundraising Specialist
Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. We bring communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership and other housing solutions across Canada and around the world. With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 46 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world.
We deeply value our culture and colleagues, and we have collaboratively created the following vision statement: “We foster and build equity through affordable housing, by fully integrating diversity and inclusion into everything we do. Every individual involved with Habitat feels safe and encouraged to bring their whole selves to our mission and they know they are valued, heard, and respected.”
We are proud of our team’s diversity, and we encourage and will welcome applications from people who will enrich it further.
This position plays a lead role in building and executing the digital fundraising strategy for monthly and one-time giving donors, maximizing revenue from existing supporters through retention and acquisition activity, with a focus on email marketing and lower funnel digital media strategies.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and as a member of Habitat for Humanity Canada’s Resource Development team, the individual’s role will be to operationalize, manage, and analyze the effectiveness of donor retention initiatives through email and other digital channels to ensure financial targets are achieved.
As a valued member of our team, you will help advance our strategy and mission of helping more families to secure safe and affordable homes. You will:
Planning and Strategy (20%)
• Support a best-in-class direct response program by delivering on the creation of new strategies and tactics that drive one-time and monthly giving primarily through digital channels.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Partnerships team to develop compelling fundraising experiences and activations.
• Coordinate and manage the development of resources across all channels for fundraising purposes.
Email Marketing & Digital Fundraising Execution (50%)
• Execute annual giving integrated campaigns via online channels, working with external agencies and collaborating with internal partners.
• Update donor profiles and personalize email communications based on donor preferences, interests, and giving history.
• Create email segmentation based on campaign donor profiles.
• Extract and import email lists by segments and execute campaigns.
• Edit emails to ensure message accuracy and brand alignment, collaborating with the communications team.
• Deploy emails on a timely basis, overseeing the email calendar.
• Implement A/B testing of subject lines, content, layouts, and calls to action to improve email performance, and conversion rates and increase revenue and retention potential.
• Manage and update online donation forms to support campaigns including applying appropriate gift arrays based on strategy and applying tracking coding to assess campaign performance.
• Append campaign appeal codes to donation forms.
• Execute on the Google Ad Grant strategy.
Reporting, Budgeting and Admin (30%)
• Support the integration of Luminate Online and Raiser’s Edge platform to ensure that proper information is in place to solicit and steward donors at an effective and efficient level.
• Coordinate all digital and email campaign reporting through LO and GA4.
• Maintain and optimize invoice/cost tracking process.
• Attend Habitat Canada staff meetings and events as required.
• Proficiency in Blackbaud Luminate or other online giving tools; competence in HTML & CSS and enjoys learning new systems.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in email marketing and fundraising; preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in digital fundraising and email marketing, and familiarity with trends in the Canadian market.
• Data savvy; experience using CMS and CRM systems for data management, content creation, and campaign deployment; familiarity with Google Analytics 4, and other reporting and analytics tools.
Skills and Attributes
• Ability to make sound and responsible decisions and in adherence to organizational policies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Results-focused with effective project management skills and proficiency in workflow planning.
• Ability to prioritize, manage details, and execute with excellence.
• Proven analytical skills and demonstrated record of problem-solving and priority-setting in a complex and evolving environment.
• Continuous learner with a natural curiosity to grow and evolve with the ever-changing nature of digital.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and other relevant software programs.
Please apply here
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and we therefore encourage early submissions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Habitat, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Habitat for Humanity Canada will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable those with disabilities to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls please).
About Habitat for Humanity Canada
Founded in 1985, Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national, charitable organization working toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership.
With the help of volunteers, Habitat homeowners and 46 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world. Habitat for Humanity Canada is a member of Habitat for Humanity International, which was established in 1976 and has grown to become a leading global nonprofit working in more than 70 countries. For more information, please visit www.habitat.ca.