DIGITAL MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Empowering People. Launching Ideas.
Rise is Canada’s only national organization dedicated to empowering people with mental health and addiction challenges to achieve greater social and economic inclusion through entrepreneurship. Through training, mentorship, micro-financing and other customs supports, we help individuals build the skills and access the capital they need to launch a small business that can improve quality of life and enable them to support themselves, their families and communities.
Since 2010, Rise has financed, trained, mentored, and coached more than 2,000 entrepreneurs and disbursed more than $2.5 million via 600+ low interest loans. Today, we work in nine locations across Canada—and growing. Learn more in our Impact Report.
Rise is seeking a highly motivated and experienced digital communications professional to join our team as Digital Marketing & Communications Officer. Reporting to our Manager of Development & Communications, this role is an exciting opportunity to play a BIG role on a small but mighty team. We’re looking for an ambitious candidate to help grow our brand across Canada and play a leading role in driving the development of our brand’s digital presence, including digital marketing, social media strategy, content development, and online infrastructure.
From connecting with clients and volunteers to write compelling impact stories, to developing online ads, managing Rise’s social media channels, stewarding our brand voice and more, the Digital Marketing & Communications Officer will be integral to Rise’s national growth and the success of high-impact programs that are helping to change lives.
Finding the right person for the job
This position will serve as a member of the Rise team headquartered in Toronto, ON. But more important than location, is finding the right person for the job. So, this position is open to candidates from across Canada to be filled remotely.
Rise offers staff in Toronto flexible working arrangements, with opportunity for in-office and remote workdays.
• Lead the development and execution of a data-informed social media strategy to grow Rise’s online following, increase engagement and identify/reach new target audiences.
• Manage all Rise social media accounts (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube), which includes:
o Creating and maintaining a content calendar and scheduling posts
o Monitoring accounts and responding to feedback
o Monitoring industry news and identifying engagement opportunities in the broader social media landscape
• Provide graphic design to support social media posting, digital ads, email campaigns, website banners, etc.
• Develop and implement digital ad strategies to support Rise program recruitment.
• Work in collaboration with Program Managers to develop compelling content and design materials to support recruitment, engagement and recognition of clients and volunteers.
• Set up and format mass emails in MailChimp, Salesforce and eTapestry.
• Work with the Systems Administrator to consistently update and publish new content and assets to the RiseHelps.ca website.
• Contribute to improvements and processes related to traffic, conversions, and content for SEO.
• Prepare monthly digital reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data related to social media, website traffic and e-communications.
Communications & Storytelling
• Manage the Rise digital Story Bank:
o Track frequency/use of client stories and photos across platforms/materials
o Work with programs team to identify, invite and interview stakeholders to collect and write new stories/testimonials
o Archive Rise communications materials
• Coordinate an annual editorial calendar and publish content.
• Write engaging and impactful content for fundraising, campaigns, newsletters, client spotlights, and press releases for distribution to key stakeholders.
• Build productive relationships with partner agencies to enable our effective support of their client/volunteer recruitment and program delivery and the proactive identification of joint media/marketing opportunities.
• Support Rise media relations efforts.
• University degree or certificate in communications, digital marketing, journalism or related field. A combination of relevant education and work experience may be considered.
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in marketing, communications, social media or fundraising, ideally in a non-profit environment.
• Excellent writer with outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to inspire a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated experience managing social media on behalf of a brand and leading successful social media strategies.
• Demonstrated graphic design skills.
• Experience and proficiency in using online communication platforms, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Tag Manager and managing SEO and SEM campaigns.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop; SharePoint, eTapestry, or other donor database management systems.
• Excellent time management and project management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of integrated marketing communications.
• A background working with people who face barriers to employment and financial stability and/or individuals who have experienced mental health or addiction is an asset.
• Bilingual in French and English
• Ambitious, organized and deadline-driven multitasker
• Team player who can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, from colleagues to clients and executive leadership (remotely and in-person)
• Resourceful self-starter unafraid to take initiative to meet and exceed their goals/ objectives
Rise is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We actively seek racialized and indigenous persons, people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and addiction challenges), and additional diverse identities for our team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All applicants are notified that, where needed, accommodation for disabilities will be provided on request. This includes accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Burgess at eburgess@RiseHelps.ca by Friday, May 13, 2022, and quote “Digital Marketing & Communications Officer” in the subject line of your email. The salary range for this position is $51,000 to $57,000.