Director, Advancement and Operations
Consistently ranked in the top tier of the world’s best business schools and #1 in Canada, the Schulich School of Business is known for its global reach, innovative programming and the diversity of its student body, faculty, and staff. Schulich enrolls approximately 3,000 students annually in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate business. Located in Toronto, Canada, the School’s multimillion-dollar, award-winning complex is on York University’s main campus. Schulich’s downtown Miles S. Nadal Management Centre is situated in the heart of the city’s financial district.
The Office of Advancement and Alumni Engagement, Schulich School of Business builds long-term and highly engaged relationships with stakeholders including alumni, corporations, foundations, students, faculty, and friends that advance the school’s strategic priorities through volunteerism, mentorship, philanthropy, and other engagement activities. Under the direction of the Executive Director, Office of Advancement and Alumni Engagement (“Executive Director”), the Director, Advancement and Operations (“Director”) at the Schulich School of Business is accountable for providing leadership and management of the school’s annual and sponsorship portfolios, as well as donor relations, stewardship and operations related to Advancement (hereinafter ‘units’).
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
- Post-secondary education in a related field, Master’s preferred.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation an asset.
- Minimum 7 years related experience, including three (3) years experience building and maintaining a strong Annual Fund and stewardship programs, managing and executing various sponsorship programs, and two (2) years managing unionized and non-unionized employees.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Knowledge of the development process and a proven track record with annual fund, sponsorship, leadership and major gifts, stewardship, and donor relations.
- Knowledge of prospect research techniques and sources.
- Ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence, and manage change in a complex environment.
- Ability to identify and leverage new opportunities for development.
- Effective oral and written communication skills – able to convey messages that can be understood across all levels of the organization from the ground level through the executive and board level.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment, set priorities, meet deadlines.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and comprehend new information quickly and balance priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader and team member.
- Ability to exercise judgement, discretion, problem solving skills and initiative complemented by good analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to listen actively to obtain and relay information accurately.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 106836.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/