Director, Annual Giving & Donor Database
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to address the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day-to-day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
This is an exciting time to join North York General Foundation (NYGF) as we drive towards the largest fundraising campaign in our history, invest in our brand, and seek staff who are committed to changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
North York General Hospital is one of Newsweek’s top 5 hospitals overall in Canada, the #1 community hospital and among the top 100 globally and we were recently named to the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers.
If you can imagine yourself working together to support the hospital’s strategic plan called Thinking Beyond (insert link) then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team the team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1.4B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, expanding our team and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
The Director, Annual Giving & Donor Database will have a mandate to build the Foundation’s broad base of annual and one-time supporters using sophisticated direct marketing techniques and analytics. Reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, the Director will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and planning to ensure that all our annual giving initiatives are consistently managed to optimize growth. This will include oversight on the direct mail programs, as well as digital campaigns, tribute giving and will be responsible for growth in the number of donors, donor loyalty, donor reactivation, and dollars raised.
The Director will collaborate with Marketing and Communication to implement data driven direct mail appeals, digital promotions, and email solicitations to contribute to the annual fund. The Director will create queries and reports for targeted mail, social, digital and email communication. They will evaluate appeal responses based on donor segments to develop analysis on past giving trends, interactions, and program results. The Director will drive strategies for lead generation and growing our email database.
The Director will also have responsibility and oversight for the integrity of the database, Raisers Edge (RE), and will actively seek ways to utilize RE and other demographic analytics to meet fundraising goals. The Director will ensure strategic, consistent, and effective use of RE. This would include a special emphasis on supporting segmentation strategies in collaboration with the Donor Experience team and identifying further opportunities to support donor engagement activities to increase affinity to the hospital and drive long-term financial growth. The role of the Director is strategic in nature, as they create and implement guidelines for data governance, integrity, data modeling, and quality assurance.
The Director will work with the Director, Business Intelligence to set the strategic direction of the data analytics and usage across the organization.
- Coordination of the annual solicitation calendar across all annual giving programs and executing fundraising appeals utilizing a multi-channel approach (social, digital, email, direct mail, etc.)
- Oversight for the development and implementation of a digital strategy to expand the foundation’s digital presence, enhance segmentation opportunities and drive additional revenue through social media growth, website optimization, lead generation activity and other tactics across owned and paid digital channels
- Management of the Foundation’s direct mail program (donor, patient, and mid-level) including building on existing and testing/developing new data-based strategies to ensure year over year growth
- With the support of the Annual Giving Coordinator, preparation of the appropriate donor file selection criteria, segmentation, and messaging for direct response appeals
- Oversight of the monthly giving program including audit and recommendations
- Oversight and (review) growth of the Foundation’s tribute programs including In Memory, In Honour, Say Thanks and Baby Wall
- Working closely with Marketing & Communications and Donor Experience to optimize collaboration in support of annual giving initiatives
- Managing relationships with vendors supporting the annual giving program including, but not limited to, Environics Analytics
- Leading internal review and approvals for copy and creative related to annual giving programs
- Management of two staff across digital marketing and annual giving coordination
- Effective utilization of the Raisers Edge database to ensure data integrity, advanced data segmentation and analysis, analytical insights, reporting, and tracking of key moves
- Exploration and recommendation of upgrades such as RE NXT
- Identify competencies of the staff related to RE and ensure the right evaluation and training needs
- Consultation across the Foundation to identify specific RE data needs and serve as a liaison between functional areas and the senior leadership team to ensure stakeholder’s data needs are met
- Provide reports for which captures customized reports related to campaigns, gifts, donors, events, donor engagement, and other purposes as needed for stewardship and development purposes
- Provides strategic counsel on the use of donor and demographics reports to drive revenue for events and community engagement and as needed
- Work with Prospect Research to ensure correct tracking, wealth screening, and data analysis in preparation for a major capital campaign
- Ensure the right level of data is being captured in the right way at the right time (ie., effective end-to-end data capture, processing, and compliance)
Minimum Education Required
- Undergraduate university degree
- Additional educational accomplishments in a relevant field an asset
- CFRE an asset
Experience and Skills Necessary
- Minimum of 10+ years fundraising experience and database management in a known, professional fundraising environment (hospital experience preferred)
- Super User of Raiser’s Edge, including Crystal Reporting
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional growth across multiple annual giving programs, above industry benchmarks
- Demonstrated success in utilizing digital programs to increase donations
- Ability to think strategically both managing existing programs and planning programs for future growth
- Leader in change management
- Ability to engage with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to manage timelines and budgets
- Deep experience and knowledge of the health care industry
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationship with multiple stakeholders
- Approachable and confident people person
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
This position will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office 3 days per week. We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $110,000-$140,000.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by March 23rd, 2022. Please reference Director, Annual Giving & Donor Database in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.