Organization: Kids Help Phone
Title: Director, Campaign
Position: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: SVP, Advancement & Chief Development Officer
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary: $84,474 – $95,648 per year (starting)
Is this you?
Are you motivated by the opportunity to positively impact mental health for young people in Canada? Would you be passionate about helping young people deal with the challenges of growing up in today’s complex, ever-changing, technologically-driven world? Are you eager to lead a fast-paced, goal-oriented Advancement department, as we enter the next phase of our fundraising evolution?
You have ‘gravitas’ and are a known and respected fundraiser, relationship builder and active member of the Charitable Sector in Canada. You bring with you a deep understanding of major Campaign architecture, Campaign Cabinet management, and pride yourself on your network and reputation in the donor community. You have maintained positive relationships with individual and family donors, business leaders, and foundations alike. You are quick on your feet, and peers would describe you as innovative, gracious, positive and driven.
You are comfortable and trusting in your people leadership abilities and can successfully and tactfully manage cross functional teams. You can professionally process and welcome change.
Kids Help Phone has served young people 10 million times since March 2020. From the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have experienced and met a sustained demand for support of 137% from young people across the country. But our work is not done.
As we prepare to launch the public phase of a comprehensive campaign in 2023, Kids Help Phone is on a transformational journey, one that will change the landscape of youth mental health in Canada. We cannot do it without a team who are willing to be game-changers and help fuel the journey. We need team members that are passionate about making a real difference in young people’s lives. It will take courage. It will take resilience.
Sound like a journey you want to be a part of? Then keep reading…
Kids Help Phone is a leader in e-mental health solutions in Canada and around the world. Known for our expertise and continuous innovation as the country’s only 24/7 professional counselling, crisis support and information service for young people in both English and French. We have been pioneers in virtual care and e-health solutions for young people in Canada for over 33 years.
Since 1989, we have offered kids, teens and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through free, anonymous and confidential services, which research and evaluation shows significantly improves youth mental health and wellness.
Young people reach out to Kids Help Phone’s professional counsellors and trained volunteers from every corner of the country via phone, Live Chat and texting, and benefit from referrals through the largest database of youth-serving programs in the country. Kids Help Phone’s website is a widely recognized model of youth-focused design; offering therapeutic tools, games and information.
The Director, Campaign is accountable for providing strategic consultation and support to the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer, Executive team, and senior Board and Campaign Cabinet volunteers on all relevant strategies and activities relating to the successful execution of the comprehensive campaign.
The Director provides managerial oversight of all campaign operations including implementation of the strategic and operational plan for the campaign, and monitors progress vis-a-vis plan targets. The Director is responsible for partnering with Advancement senior leadership, staff, and other stakeholders to implement the campaign’s strategic plan. They should be a strategic thinker with strong planning, project management, and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and move adeptly between big-picture thinking and on-the-ground implementation. The Director will partner with colleagues in advancement operations, philanthropy, corporate and community partnerships, stewardship, and campaign communications, to implement the campaign plan.
The successful candidate is expected to have a strong background in project management and a solid understanding of fundraising, significant experience working with and managing volunteer committees or boards, and/or major and principal gift experience in large campaigns (preferably national and $100M or more). They will have significant experience working closely with senior leadership, fundraisers, and volunteers on campaign strategy, planning, and implementation, as well as a demonstrated ability to successfully establish integrated partnerships across the organization so that the resources and activities of all individuals and teams collectively achieve the highest levels of effectiveness.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the campaign, including strategic oversight of the Campaign project plan relative to the themes, goals, timeline, volunteer structure, budget and staffing, communications, outreach, and events, naming and recognition strategies, and other work of the campaign.
- Provide strategic consultation to executive leadership on all campaign-related activities.
- Drive campaign planning and implementation activity within Advancement, including creating strategic agendas and operationalizing campaign-related goals and benchmarks.
- Prepare campaign-related materials and presentations for the Campaign Cabinet and Board committees as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
- Play a central role in designing and executing pre-launch, public and post-launch campaign events.
- Track and support, when appropriate, other campaign events managed by gift officers and strategically supported by the events team.
- Translate the campaign plan into an actionable 90-day rolling implementation plan and ensure progress toward goals within the campaign team, across Advancement, and with campaign volunteer groups.
- In partnership with Advancement Operations, track progress towards identified campaign priorities and goals.
- Evolve and operationalize the campaign volunteer structure in partnership with campaign team. This includes creating toolkits and job descriptions and developing strategies and tactics for successful and meaningful volunteer engagement.
- Manage the campaign budget.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in non-profit management, programming and philanthropy.
- Provide fundraising thought leadership, advice and guidance as needed to address key national and regional issues.
- Embodying Kids Help Phone’s vision and values both internally and externally.
What You’ll Need
- University graduate with 7-10 years of professional fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success persuading and influencing groups and individuals to support the organizations agenda with respect to colleagues, volunteer leadership and other potential stakeholders.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with outstanding social skills, instincts, judgment and integrity.
- An ambitious and motivated professional, who values working with committed colleagues in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with comprehensive fundraising functions and regulations, including Imagine Canada Standards requirements.
- Comfortable with a flexible work schedule, including travel for campaign events and/or major donor cultivation and some evening and weekend work.
- Experience managing complex multi-year projects.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse constituency.
- A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving.
- Demonstrated computer skills and competence with standard computer tools associated with business, marketing and project management.
- Ability to develop and manage departmental and project budgets.
- Experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors and other senior-level advisory volunteers.
- French language skills considered an asset
- CFRE designation considered an asset
You’ll already have the following
- A passion for coaching and mentoring frontline fundraisers to achieve ambitious targets
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the organization
Are you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being?
History in the making!
Does this sound like a journey you want to be a part of?
Visit Recruitment (adp.com)
Open the posting and click the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: *lastname_firstname_Director, Campaign *
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at https://kidshelpphone.ca/
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity of people and communities, and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our organization. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.
Kids Help Phone is committed to providing barrier-free environment and accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources person if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
It is preferred that all external applicants that are hired submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Kids Help Phone’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.