Director, Community Fundraising Events and Campaigns
It is an incredibly exciting time for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada. In September, we launched our 2023-2026 Impact Strategy, a bold plan that goes beyond outputs to making true impact for Canadians affected by IBD. This strategy is in part fueled by tens of thousands of supporters and donors across the country, and the opportunities we can provide to empower and engage them.
If you’re innovative, collaborative, strategic, and passionate about building and scaling a community fundraising program, this is the role for you. A new role at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, the Director, Community Fundraising Events and Campaigns will lead the growth strategy for Gutsy Walk (our $2.5 million flagship peer to peer event), building an empowering Third Party/DIY program, and optimizing and innovating various events and campaigns from coast to coast.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As the ideal candidate you…
- Have a passion for community-based fundraising, driven by finding new ways to bring supporters together to raise funds and awareness;
- Thrive on innovation, taking best practices in the sector, and adapting them for the organization;
- Are authentic in your leadership – a consummate team player and leader, embracing collaboration and inclusive of new ideas, building internal relationships to achieve results;
- Take a data-driven but relationship-based approach to your work.
If this sounds like you, read on to learn more about our exciting new opportunity.
- University degree with a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the non-profit sector, specifically related to community fundraising events and campaigns;
- Exemplary communication skills, with the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- A strategic, data-driven, and growth mindset with an appetite to innovate processes and scale results;
- Knowledge, skill, and a strong understanding of development and fundraising best practices; and
- Experience working with senior volunteer leaders.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- The opportunity to work within, create and drive a culture of growth and innovation.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help to champion our values; Courageous, Inclusive, Authentic and Collaborative.
- A meaningful role where you make a difference evert day for people living with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Ideally based out of our Toronto office in a hybrid role, although open to remote candidates.
- Flexible work hours.
- Extended health and dental plan.
- Employer matching RRSP program.
- Lead the overall strategy to engage individuals and groups through community-based fundraising events and campaigns supporting Crohn’s and Colitis Canada, including: acquisition, retention, stewardship, and growth, all driven by best practices, standards, and key performance indicators. Transform Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s fundraising events and campaigns portfolio into a best in sector program;
- Lead the team that is responsible for the strategy and planning of Gutsy Walk – Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s flagship peer to peer event that brings together 4,000+ individuals raising $2.5 million;
- Lead the building and scaling of a third party/DIY program that empowers individuals and groups to fundraise for Crohn’s and Colitis Canada;
- Build a strategy to optimize community fundraising events and campaigns across the country, from gaming to galas to golf tournaments to chapter-driven activities. Establish a methodology to evaluate, appropriately resource, and optimize fundraising activities to produce the best ROI;
- Grow the community fundraising and campaigns portfolio by: keeping aware of new fundraising trends; and innovating, piloting, and expanding new ideas;
- Lead a team of two and establish a strategy to expand the team based on revenue growth and diversification;
- As part of the Development and Community Engagement leadership team, shape and drive Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s overall fundraising strategy;
- In collaboration with the Senior Director, Community Engagement, provide leadership to 15 fundraising coordinators to plan and execute local events and campaigns;
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Corporate Engagement to build and execute sponsorship, cause marketing, and workplace giving strategies;
- Work closely with the Director, Volunteer Engagement and Innovation to build and execute a strategy around empowering our fundraising and event-based volunteers;
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to align the community fundraising strategy with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s brand, marketing, and communications activities;
- Work with the Research and Patient Programs (Mission) team to connect Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s community fundraising donors with our impact;
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $140 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Visit our website (crohnsandcolitis.ca) for more information.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and community, Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is requiring that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Crohn’s and Colitis Canada will provide accommodation, on a case by case basis, in accordance with its obligations for anyone who is unable to be vaccinated for a reason protected under applicable human rights legislation.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a PDF of their resume and cover letter by clicking “Apply Now” or you will be redirected to Crohn’s and Colitis Canada’s careers page if you are viewing this posting on an external site.
This position will be posted until October 19, 2022.
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment that reflects the Canadian communities that we work with and within. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provide accommodations upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Intro Call – a quick call with a member of the People team to discuss the role and learn who you are!
- First Interview – 60 minutes to go over your background, the role and Crohn’s and Colitis Canada. Also, an excellent time for you to ask any questions you have.
- Final Interview – 60 minutes for you to really demonstrate your skills by completing a task in advance and presenting to us, a chance to meet the team and your chance to interview us.
- Offer – Ideally, this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!