Director, Corporate and Community Partnerships
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is our country’s leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth growing up in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds, and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services in partnership with 104 child- and youth-serving agencies across the country. Last year, we supported over 46,500 children and youth and 12,300 families. Stand Up for Kids is our national public movement uniting caring Canadians in changing the futures of our nation’s most vulnerable kids – those who have experienced abuse and neglect. We know that by helping these young people to overcome their trauma and break the cycle for future generations, they gain the strength and resilience to create a lifetime of their own unstoppable successes. Learn more at cafdn.org
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to the long term growth and stability of funding for child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Director, Corporate and Community Partnerships leads the strategy and execution of corporate and community fundraising and actively identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards corporate, community and major gift donors and prospect in alignment with the the Foundation’s strategic plan and priority programs. This role reports to the CDO and is a senior member of the Foundation’s management team, leads a staff of four and engages the broader Development team in the achievement of corporate and community partnership goals.
Fundraising/Revenue Generation – 65%
- Lead the development and execution of the corporate and community partnerships fundraising strategies and revenue plans
- Manage a portfolio of corporate, major gift individual and community donors (corporations, community groups, partnership event donors, etc.) including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities
- Lead the fundraising, sponsorship and stewardship strategy for the Foundation’s Gala: develop the revenue model, refine sponsorship opportunities and tools, and lead the identification, cultivation and solicitation of sponsors and table purchases – working closely with the senior leadership team, Gala Honorary Chair, the Corporate Development Officer and other members of the development and marketing teams
- Develop and market cost-effective corporate and community partner offerings to optimize fundraising revenue potential, including corporate philanthropy, workplace giving, sponsorship, cause marketing, digital community giving initiatives and partnership events
- Lead donor solicitation and renewal strategies, providing donor engagement opportunities, and supporting the evaluation and impact reporting for the Foundation’s national programs
- Build awareness, fundraising opportunities and donor and volunteer engagement in the cause, by leveraging the Foundation’s key programs and events (i.e. Stand Up for Kids Night, Holiday Season Celebration, etc.)
- Manage relationships with CEO, & senior volunteers (i.e. Board of Directors, Campaign Cabinet) to secure donations and create fundraising opportunities within their networks
- Working with the CDO, Development Directors and the Sr. Development Officer, Stewardship ensure high quality development and execution of cultivation, engagement and stewardship activities; and implement donor recognition and stewardship opportunities for corporate and community partners
- Attend at Foundation and external events, and speak publicly as required
Management and Operational Planning – 15%
- Working with the CDO, lead the Business planning process for Corporate and Community partnerships team, including setting revenue target and strategies
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior management and senior volunteers
- Contribute to the campaign fundraising strategy, planning and execution
- Manage KPIs and expenses for the Corporate and Community Partnerships portfolio
Team Leadership & Admin – 15%
- Lead, coach and supervise the Corporate and Community Partnerships staff (4), including hiring, orientation, performance management, employee development, including professional development, and ensuring effective use of resources
- Ensure Corporate and Community staff compliance with Foundation policies and procedures, including use of Raisers Edge
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years working in the charitable sector
- Relevant post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Track record of securing major gifts and developing corporate and community partnerships, sponsorship and cause marketing initiatives (or equivalent)
- Experience working with senior volunteers
- Experience motivating and managing teams
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent organization, planning and administrative skills
- Natural leader – creative, positive and solutions oriented and a strong team player who values collaboration
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Experienced in Raiser’s Edge or equivalent and Microsoft suite of products
- Alignment to organizational values: Care & Compassion, Child & Youth Focused, Excellence & Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration/Teamwork
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Local travel within the GTA, during business hours
- Occasional travel related to national programs as required by donors and foundation events and activities is possible
We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance. We are reopening our office in downtown Toronto however this role has the opportunity for a hybrid work environment.
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from equity seeking groups, including members of communities that are overrepresented in the child welfare system.
We are committed to our work in diversity, equity and inclusion. Our Equity and Inclusion Community Council is made up of a group of committed community leaders who are helping to guide our work through an Equity and Inclusion lens by elevating the voices of overrepresented communities, identifying effective initiatives that support the Foundation’s goals, and serving as a resource for ongoing advice on best practices for social inclusion of underserved communities. Internally, our I.D.E.A Committee works to provide guidance, resources, and act as a safe and confidential sharing space for staff about topics relating to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility.
To Apply Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity, to email@example.com and include “Director, Corporate March 2022” in the subject line of your email by April 1, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.