Director – Creative Services & Donor Impact
Title: Director – Creative Services & Donor Impact
Location: Remote, Across Canada
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $86,619 – $126,319
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Director – Creative Services & Donor Impact to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Director – Creative Services & Donor Impact, you will work with the Senior Director, Philanthropy Marketing, this role will directly manage the two teams responsible for creative output in the Philanthropy division at the Canadian Red Cross; the Creative Services and Donor Impact teams.
Working closely with the Senior Director, Philanthropy Marketing and Associate Director, Creative Services, the incumbent will lead the development and implementation of new processes for project prioritization, intake, scoping for the Creative Services and Donor Impact teams. This position will be the main point of contact and training for other channel leads, reducing friction and increasing collaboration and creative output.
This is a challenging role that requires excellent leadership skills, analysis, organizational and communication skills, combined with great flexibility, to make sure both process and projects work smoothly. The ideal candidate for this role should have knowledge and experience with agile methodology, have great coaching skills and understand the fundamentals agile project development. Creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, so we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
In this role, you will:
Lead Donor Impact Strategy and Creative Services Direction
- Develop and communicate strategy for continuous improvement with donor campaigns and notifications to maintain and increase high levels of engagement
- Collaborates with Philanthropy & Marketing teams to align business needs with marketing
- Oversee the implementation and management of activities to stimulate donor likelihood to recommend CRC main source for community fundraising efforts
- Collaborates with Philanthropy & Marketing teams to align business needs with Donor expectations
- Recruit, coach, train, develop and mentor the next generation of leaders for donor impacts creatives and content
- Work closely with Web dev team as the key prime for philanthropy marketing’s brand (including, content, voice, design, and brand enforcement internally and externally)
Lead Project Prioritization, Intake & Resourcing for the Creative Services and Donor Impact Team
- Working closely with the SLT (Senior Leadership Team), help to establish a project prioritization system for net new creative, donor impact and web development projects
- Working with Associate Director, Creative Services, scope new projects opportunities including those that don’t naturally fit with any specific channel.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, Creative Services refine the project intake process utilizing agile methodologies for net new and production projects.
Lead the Development and Implementation of Agile and Continuously Evolving Digital Processes
- Working closely with the Associate Director, Creative Services, lead the adoption of Agile methodologies in the Philanthropy Division as it pertains to Creative, Donor Impact and Web Development projects.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the Philanthropy division
- Coach individuals or teams in Agile practices and tools to help transition the organization to a working scrum framework
Administration, Budget, and Team Management
- Lead and develop the Creative Services and Donor Impact teams though the creation of sub-team processes, inhouse training, a roster of relevant conferences and other external opportunities for professional growth
- Lead the development of the annual Creative Services and Donor Impact budget
- Manage staff with an eye to developing a culture of excellence, succession planning and providing best-in-class service to the Philanthropy team and the rest of the Society
- Influence the work schedules of supporting resources through their direct line managers to prioritize the most critical donor communications products
- Facilitate performance reviews, identifying training and development requirements and plans
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a degree or diploma in marketing, business, communications or creative management and 8-10 years of marketing or creative product or project development experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English – French an asset
- Able to own a strategy and help guide the execution of it
- Good working knowledge of scrum and other agile frameworks and methodologies
- Experience recruiting, training, and managing multiple direct reports
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and organizational goals through coaching, feedback, exposure, and stretch-assignments
- Well versed in current and upcoming trends in the following areas: marketing, advertising, design, tech, fundraising
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and servant leadership skills
- Understanding of user testing and marketing research methods
- Experienced in marketing (with focus on digital marketing) and creative nuances for a myriad of channels including email marketing, display advertising, direct mail, outdoor, print, campaign websites and lead generation
- Understanding of marketing, content, creative strategy, and programmatic writing
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced principles of project management as they apply to the marketing, creative and web development space
- Flexibility to handle numerous planned and unplanned projects, initiatives, roles, and responsibilities
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility and build strong relationships with all levels of internal and external partners in a complex organizational structure
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and high degree on initiative to drive projects to completion
- Experience with Agile platforms and tools such as Atlassian Jira and Kanban boards
- Experience with Microsoft platforms: SharePoint, Office Suite and Outlook
- The majority of this work will be performed in a safe and clean environment.
- Hybrid working model (office and home)
- Occasionally required to work non-traditional hours to meet travel and other commitments and during times of a disaster response and/or appeal
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
We highly encourage individuals of equity seeking groups to apply