13 month contract
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Circle of Care; Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
The events portfolio at Sinai Health Foundation is dynamic and diverse, facilitating consistent, measurable progress toward supporting the following priorities of the strategic plan:
- Fundraising: To achieve year-to-year 20% portfolio revenue growth
- Branding: To provide a tool to enhance the reputation and profile of Sinai Health by clearly articulating an inspiring narrative
- Donor Relations: To provide the very best donor and volunteer experience, including event chairs, event committees, sponsors, donors and attendees
Reporting to the VP, Engagement & Partnerships the Director, Events will oversee a team of staff and volunteers that will design, support and execute signature and community events and initiatives.
With the VP, Engagement & Partnerships, the Director, Events will execute an on-going vision and strategy to grow and maintain a healthy events portfolio, building a series of events that align with Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic plan, while continuously evaluating and assessing existing events to ensure maximum output of human and financial capital.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement key learnings from event portfolio audit completed during FY22; including managing process improvements, appropriate resourcing and creating efficiencies while ensuring all processes and policies are respected for consistency and quality of service delivery
- Oversee and implement new events and initiatives Go to Market strategy and Digital Platform
- Set goals and measure success of event portfolio relative to key performance indicators outlined in the strategic plan
- Identify growth opportunities of the events portfolio and create goals to implement
- Regular, rigorous analysis of the entire events portfolio to ensure all events are meeting Foundation expectations and standards.
Collaboration and Leadership
- Manage a large portfolio of events that include Signature Events and Community Events & Initiatives
- Inspire, motivate and engage staff and volunteers
- With VP, Engagement & Partnerships, oversee recruitment, management and facilitation of event chairs and event committees
- Resource management to ensure proper support for all events, staff, and volunteers
- Implement systems for efficient and effective event management that ensure the highest standard of experience for event attendees
- Work collaboratively with all Foundation departments to produce improved results and efficiencies
- Work with Hospital staff, researcher and physician leaders on event activity as required
- Attend key events and act as the Foundation representative
- Evening and weekend work as required
Revenue Generation & Financial Planning
- Execute a successful pipeline process for event donors and volunteers to increase human and financial capital in other areas of the foundation
- Develop and oversee the events budget and ensure event revenue goals are met
- Work with Director, Corporate Partnerships to identify, solicit and acquire event sponsors
- Create a model of event support and programming that meets a high standard of cost efficiency and leads the sector in delivery return on investment
- Ensure data integrity for all areas of the portfolio are met
- A minimum of 7-10 years of executing a range of exceptional quality fundraising events
- A minimum of a university Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution. Proven equivalent and recent related education, training and experience may be considered
- Brings a high degree of thoughtfulness and diplomacy required to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in a high-pressure, high-volume, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Strategic and creative thinker that has a proven track record of innovating within their portfolio
- Results driven individual who expects all the events in their portfolio to meet Sinai Health Foundation’s strategic priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading a dynamic events team and providing excellent service to committee and board members
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams; able to build interdepartmental relationships, manage expectations, and handle sensitive and challenging situations
- Able to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature with discretion and extraordinary problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of nonprofit sector including donor stewardship fundamentals, tax receipting policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge; experience with project management tools (e.g. Monday.com)
- A professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.
Interested candidates please apply online.