Director, External Relations (Fundraising)
Located on the traditional territories of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples, Skills for Change (SfC) is working towards advancing the Sustainable Development Goals for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Named Charity Village’s Best Non-Profit Employer – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and winner of the 2021 Canada Volunteer Awards for Innovation, our organization is committed to reducing poverty, improve mental health, eliminating gender-based violence, building community, eradicating systemic racism, and settling and creating sustainable communities for all immigrants, refugees, and underserved communities. Start your career with SfC and join our 40-year history of creating innovative programming to build welcoming and equitable communities.
With 40 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit charity with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. We offer a range of accelerated programs including mentoring, employment, settlement, language training together with specialized programs for skilled trades, women, and youth. We have 5 locations across the GTA and serve 16,000 clients annually. We believe we are in the best position to provide thought leadership through evidence-based programming, impact stories and proactive policy advocacy using knowledge mobilization products.
Skills for Change is a non-profit organization based in Toronto, Canada, that provides employment and education services to immigrants and refugees. We are seeking a Director of Development Fundraising to lead our fundraising efforts and to help us achieve our mission of promoting inclusion and integration of newcomers into Canadian society.
PROGRAM NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Director, External Relations (Fundraising) will be responsible for significantly increasing and diversifying revenue developing and executing fundraising strategies to support Skills for Change’s programs and services. The Director, External Relations (Fundraising) will develop, implement, evaluate, and manage fundraising strategies as part of an overall development process which matches the organization’s objectives and financial needs with the highest philanthropic aspirations of donors who have the capacity to make significant gifts. They will lead a team of fundraising professionals and work closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to set fundraising goals and develop plans to achieve them.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes corporate giving, planned giving, events and grant writing with a focus on revenue diversification.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors, sponsors, and funders to secure financial support.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and develop innovative approaches to fundraising.
- Develop and manage fundraising budgets, timelines, and metrics.
- Work with the CEO and Board of Directors to set fundraising goals and ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and support as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all fundraising regulations and best practices.
- Prepare fundraising reports and presentations for the CEO, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Represent Skills for Change at fundraising events and other public forums.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., non-profit management, business administration, marketing, communications and fundraising or Public Relations preferred).
- Accreditation through The Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) designation is an asset.
- 7+ years of experience in fundraising, with a proven track record of success in corporate and community giving, planned giving, events.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising regulations and best practices.
- Experience leading a fundraising, or revenue generating, portfolio towards multi-million-dollar targets.
- Experience with donor strategy development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and database management.
- Passion for the mission and values of Skills for Change.
TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
To ensure fair and equitable pay at Skills for Change, placement on the salary range will be based on your years of experience, skills and qualifications relevant to the position. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, flexible Hybrid work arrangements to name a few!
Skills for Change is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a respectful and inclusive workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.