United Way Greater Toronto
Director, Individual Donor Relations
Posted On: December 9, 2022
Closing On: January 6, 2023
Employment Type: fulltime
Salary Range: 128,000-142,000
Director, Individual Donor Relations (IDR)
United Way Greater Toronto is looking for an experienced Director, Individual Donor Relations to join our team at our Toronto office.
Reporting to the VP, Philanthropy & Marketing, the Director, IDR is responsible for leading the strategies, plans and activities for major, individual and planned giving and lead the teams responsible for this work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, lead and implement the IDR strategies for annual and multi-year growth
- Lead strategies and tactics of all IDR activities, including the donor cycle; cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects
- Provide leadership, management and mentoring for a high performing team of fundraising professionals to achieve their portfolio, annual objectives, and professional development goals
- Manage high net worth donors and prospects within a rigorous discovery, cultivation, and solicitation process
- Direct the role and activities of the Major Giving Cabinet and act as staff partner to the volunteer Chair, Major Gifts
- Oversee the identification, recruitment and training of senior community leaders who act as fundraising volunteers as part of the Major Giving Cabinet
- Lead and implement the Reconciliation and Equity Action Plan strategies for IDR to develop more inclusive philanthropic strategies
- Direct the integration of the planned giving plan and activities with the fundraising programs
- Drive the development of fundraising collateral and collaborate with Donor Experience & Marketing on the design of stewardship and recognition vehicles to support donors
- Develop the professional development plan for the team that compliments the organizational learning to provide fundraising specific development opportunities that recognizing the complexity of this work and needs of the team
- Lead the goal setting and fundraising tracking for the IDR program and provide input to the development of overall goals for the fundraising campaign
- Direct the effective integration of all team activities with the overall donor relations program
- Participate as a senior member of the Donor Relations & Marketing department and organizational senior management teams
What you’ll need to be successful:
- More than 10 years’ experience in fundraising with a significant amount of senior experience in major and individual giving
- Superior communication skills and ability to forge and maintain long standing donor and volunteer relationships
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of high value donors and solicit major gifts
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to use expert level judgment for strategic thinking and problem solving
- Proven ability to make decisions that carry a high level of organizational risk
- Experience leading a team and managing senior volunteer relationships
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse employee population
- Willingness to actively lead the implementation of UWGT’s Reconciliation and Equity Action Plan, and translate anti-oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience implementing inclusive philanthropy strategies
- Experience developing and delivering presentations, facilitation and training sessions
- Proven organizational abilities; ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines under pressure
- Proven ability to take initiative and carry projects to completion with minimum supervision
- Experience with donor databases, leading projects, and common computer applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to travel within the Greater Toronto Area and attend event occasionally early in the morning, evenings, and weekends
Does this sound like you? Show us your Local Love. Come and do great work at United Way Greater Toronto!
Please apply no later than January 6, 2023.
As part of our recruitment process, United Way Greater Toronto offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If we contact you about an opportunity, please let us know if you require accommodation.
About United Way Greater Toronto:
As the largest non-government funder of community services in the GTA, United Way Greater Toronto reinforces a crucial community safety net. United Way’s network of agencies and initiatives in neighbourhoods across Peel, Toronto and York Region works to ensure that everyone has access to the programs and services they need to thrive today. Mobilizing the network and other community support, United Way tackles #unignorable issues linked to poverty. United Way’s work is rooted in ground-breaking research, strategic leadership, local advocacy and cross-sectoral partnerships committed to building lasting solutions to the GTA’s greatest challenges.
Learn more about our work at unitedwaygt.org.
Diversity & Inclusion:
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. Our commitment to excellence in diversity goes beyond promoting equity. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.