Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations
The Mabin School is a small, progressive, innovative independent school (JK-Grade 6) located in central Toronto recognized for its excellence in nurturing empathy, leadership, team-work, and problem-solving. Our mission is to create the next generation of original thinkers, adaptive leaders, and caring citizens.
Reporting to the Principal of The Mabin School, the Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations will be a key member of the senior team. This staff member will have full responsibility on a day-to-day basis of all fundraising activities and alumni relations, while working with other staff members, volunteer committee members and board members.
The candidate will be a self-starter, effective relationship builder and communicator. This highly organized and detailed-oriented individual will work to foster collaboration and professionalism within the school and will handle confidential material and with the utmost discretion and sensitivity.
The Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations will work closely with the school leadership, families, volunteers and alumni to support the strategic plan of the school, The Director will foster strong relationships within the Mabin community, and alumni. Stewardship of existing donors and donors of our most recent capital campaign will be an important part of the ongoing successful fundraising program.
Fundraising and Stewardship
- Continue to foster and develop the culture of philanthropy at The Mabin School
- Continue to develop and foster ongoing relationships with families, alumni, staff and donors to raise funds
- In coordination with the principal, establishes goals and objectives for all fundraising programs
- Implement the successful annual fund campaign
- Develop, create and implement a stewardship program for the annual fund donors and capital campaign donors
- Be the link between Mabin and all Alumni
- Create and develop plans for regular and consistent alumni engagement
- Invite and host alumni to the Mabin campus to strengthen and maintain relationships
- Develop and implement alumni stewardship events to foster and enhance ongoing relationships
- Work with and support volunteers in implementing events
Compliance to Standards
Ensures the school meets or exceeds all legal, ethical, professional and internally established requirements including Revenue Canada, AFP, Imagine Canada code of ethics and financial accountability codes.
- Participate and support the Advancement and Alumni Affairs (AAA) Committee
- Be instrumental in the effective utilization of the database to support and enhance the fundraising process from identification to stewardship
- Actively participate in the senior management team
- Organize and oversee internships to support work in advancement and alumni relations
- Oversee the collection and management of archival material
- Other duties as assigned
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes of Ideal Candidate
- Minimum five years senior fundraising experience, preferably in an academic organization
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional presence
- Fundraising and alumni experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with fundraising database systems
- Demonstrated ability to set and exceed goals
- Demonstrated budget planning and financial management experience
- Approachable and collaborative working style
- Demonstrates high levels of trust and integrity
- Superb verbal and written communications skills
- Superior organizational and administrative skills
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills
- High proficiency in Apple platform products
The Mabin School offers a positive, collaborative, and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package including the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan where applicable; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; a strong sense of community; and a newly renovated facility in the heart of Toronto.
$80,000 – $100,000
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please apply by Wednesday, February 8th to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.
The Mabin School is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at The Mabin School.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Vulnerable Sector Screening from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment.
To learn more about The Mabin School, please visit our website at https://www.mabin.com.