Director of Events and Third-Party Fundraising
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC), we believe in the interconnectedness of people and nature and the power of coming together to ensure the health of our planet, communities, and wildlife.
That’s why we’re accelerating our conservation efforts, in order to double our impact, by ramping-up the ways we connect with audiences and grow our community.
We’re looking for an interim Director of Events and Third-Party Fundraising, who is as enthusiastic as us, to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain. Because when nature thrives, people thrive.
NCC is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 15 million hectares of ecologically significant land across Canada. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
The interim Director of Events and Third-Party Fundraising is member of the Marketing and Development department, overseeing the Events and Experiences team and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
They are responsible for engagement programming that creates connection points with the public to attract new supporters for the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC), generate revenue and deliver captivating experiences that deepen relations with NCC’s existing community of followers and donors.
The selected candidate will oversee three core areas: the delivery of NCC’s signature virtual events targeting the general public; donor and stakeholder events and engagement programs designed to advance donor journeys; the development and implementation of a new third-party fundraising/peer-to-peer (P2P) program for the organization.
The ideal candidate brings an outward, creative and strategic lens to the delivery of tactical programming. The individual prioritizes collaboration, the value of influence and is a confident decision-maker and concise communicator. They are results-driven and will apply donor centricity principles to programs and activations.
This position requires an incumbent that possess a strong background in event programming and third-party fundraising, with strong financial acumen, coupled with solid business case building, analysis and follow-through.
- Oversee the Events and Experiences Team’s business plan, budget and achieve forecasted KPIs.
- Lead a team of event professionals that effectively partner with and support internal clients, through the delivery of multi-faceted community growth programs.
- Effectively collaborate, communicate with and brief stakeholders, leadership, board, partners and donors.
- Ensure the integration of strategic plans, campaign priorities and brand identity into engagement activations.
- Curate highly engaging events and experiences and oversee the direction of messaging, creative and powerful storytelling.
- Oversee the delivery of high-impact virtual and in-person events, including NCC’s signature event programs (NatureTalks and Big Backyard Bioblitz) and annual donor engagement events.
- Direct and implement a comprehensive strategy and plan for an organizational third-party/peer-to-peer fundraising program.
- Collaborate and provide leadership on the development of a new digital platform to service third-party and P2P fundraising.
- Develop the necessary internal guidelines and policies to support third-party/P2P fundraising and the external terms and conditions, fundraising assets and resources required to support third-party fundraisers (individuals and teams).
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate acquisition and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, retain, and upgrade donors and fundraisers once a third-party program is launched in market.
How to Apply
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations through our Career Centre (https://1.adp.com/pXwF66Mbah5) by June 12, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We value and incorporate diverse traditions, heritage, knowledge and experiences in our mission and in our workplaces. We celebrate the full participation of people from all walks of life as we work towards common goals. We strive for a conservation movement in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm. This is our continuous commitment: to promote healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet for everyone.
Please note that in-person office attendance, sharing NCC vehicles and in-person attendance at indoor events are currently restricted to staff who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. Accordingly, if you are required to participate in any of these activities as part of your role with NCC, you must be fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of the Pfizer, Astra Zeneca or Moderna vaccine or combination of, and have received the second dose at least two weeks prior to your start date or you have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two weeks prior to your start date.