Director of Fund Development and Donor Relations
New Circles is Hiring a Director of Fund Development and Donor Relations
Position Title: Director, Fund Development and Donor Relation
Reporting to: Executive Director
Position Summary: An experienced fundraising professional with communications and marketing experience to sustain and grow support for our flagship service, GLOW (Gently Loved Outfits to Wear), settlement services and related employment supports for immigrants and other equity-deserving individuals and families.
Direct Report: Communications Manager and Associate
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall strategic leadership for fund development and donor relations for an expanding ‘Stand Out’ organization.
- Plan, develop, execute and evaluate all aspects of a comprehensive fund development program including major gifts, direct mail, capital campaign, sponsorship, grant writing, planned giving and special events.
- Establish, coordinate, and manage strategic fundraising plans including measurable goals, and monitor the schedule of activities and associated budgets with an emphasis on increased and sustained revenue.
- Foster the growth of best practices in gift processing, data management and donor communications, following CRA guidelines for gift acceptance, accounting, acknowledgement and donor management.
- Demonstrate a collaborative leadership approach that promotes an organizational culture that places value on the contributions and insights of all members of the team.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management role in fund development and donor relations.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field. Preference will be given to those candidates with a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience developing professional and effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, funders, staff, volunteers, and community members.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, social media creation, publishing, and other CRM technologies.
- Available to work external events as required.
- Benefits and competitive salary TBD.