Director, Strategic Accounts
WHO WE ARE
Blue North works exclusively in the social sector as a full-service fundraising agency to help nonprofits connect with donors and grow their fundraising revenue. We work with a wide variety of clients including international development, hospitals and healthcare, and missions and human services organizations across North America.
We are proud to help clients create compelling fundraising magic – and then scale it. We use data mining and insights, mass personalization tools and techniques, deep fundraising knowledge, automated communications technology and multiple channels to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We are passionate about our clients’ work and the good they want to achieve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Senior Account Director will own the client relationships, revenue goals and serve as a key ambassador for Blue North. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating all client activities with the corresponding Blue North Account Executive, Project Management, and Consulting Teams, as well as working with those teams to provide the client with long-term, strategic value and exceptional customer service. They will also directly manage and lead Account Executives to support the client portfolio. They possess the ability to sell ideas based on clients stated business objectives. They also continually grow and strengthen client relationships and build new client possibilities.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Forecast client potential and set revenue goals on an annual basis with quarterly reprojections as required; report progress to Senior Management monthly
- Work closely with client to ensure that fundraising and other business objectives are being met
- Actively consult and ensure Blue North is providing client with ongoing strategic recommendations to help drive fundraising growth
- Serve as the client advocate inside Blue North to ensure that all internal teams have the necessary information to scope and complete a project on schedule and on budget, which includes client program goals and budgets, client knowledge and expectations, client requirements and preferences
- Support Blue North’s New Business Development process in attracting and responding to RFP requests from prospects as required
- Continuously manage and set both internal and external expectations for a successful partnership
- Share Blue North’s expertise, knowledge, and capabilities with assigned client and with prospective new clients
- Monitor and track client’s performance objectives with their existing initiatives to ensure program goals are being met or exceeded
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends and competitive set as they relate to the client’s business
- Focus on building strong, client relationships through regular contact, including in-person meetings where possible
You bring to the role:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role ideally in an agency or fundraising environment
- Leadership experience with the ability to effectively manage and coach others to achieve success, and delegate work as appropriate
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations is preferred
- Strong understanding of fundraising principles, annual planning and budgeting processes
- Excellent client and expectation management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, relationships and tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize to meet competing deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
- Willingness to travel when required
As we grow, Blue North Strategies is committed to creating an environment where employees feel included, valued and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to do our best work and help our clients take on the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any phase of the application or recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.