RVH Foundation has publicly launched its historic $100M Keep Life Wild campaign to support the vital expansion of the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, one of the busiest and most advanced regional health centres in Ontario, and home to many specialized regional programs like cancer, cardiac, stroke and mental health.
The Donor Advisor is a key contributor to achieving the $100M campaign goal by playing an important role in major gift fundraising. With annual targets over $1 million, this role is responsible for a portfolio of 100+ prospects and donors in all stages of the development cycle. Working closely with the Manager, Donor Advising, volunteers and RVH staff, the Donor Advisor II will develop and execute cultivation and solicitation strategies that provide prospective donors with meaningful giving opportunities.
Donor support makes world-class care possible. From state-of-the-art equipment, technology and ground-breaking programs to enhanced spaces, research and innovation. The Donor Advisor connects philanthropists with these unique giving opportunities to bring world-class healthcare to Simcoe Muskoka.
For more information about the RVH Foundation, our work to support RVH and the Keep Life Wild campaign, visit keeplifewild.ca.
• University degree, college diploma/certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Commitment to life-long learning, CFRE designation encouraged
• 2 to 3 years direct experience in major gift fundraising in a hospital foundation environment or similarly complex organization
• Success in closing major gifts, with a strong grasp of all aspects of the gift cycle, from prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
• Success in skillfully managing a portfolio of 100+ prospects at all stages of the gift cycle, with the majority of prospects having capacity between $10K and $1M
• Active and collaborative support with senior volunteer partners
• Effective interpersonal skills with leadership presence and an approach to others that is compassionate, mindful and grateful
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with coworkers, effectively coordinating the work of the many people who contribute to securing major gifts
• Strategic and critical thinker, with an analytical approach to decision making and problem solving
• Leads at all times, with a sense of ownership, working proactively, capable of independent judgment, initiative and flexibility
• Excellent organizational skills, effectively managing competing and often complex priorities
• Exceptional writing skills, with an ability to write compellingly in plain language
• Strong computer skills, including all MS Office applications and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge/NXT preferred
• Develop and execute individualized strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of corporate, foundation and individuals’ donors in all stages of the development cycle
• Provide exceptional support and collaborate with volunteers on tasks such as prospect research, volunteer call activity, and participation in Cabinet meetings and events
• Coordinate and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies, including meeting and tour arrangements and proposal development
• Where appropriate, work with the Donor Experience team to plan, develop and coordinate meaningful stewardship and recognition activities
• Cultivate physician and RVH staff relationships with the aim to collaborate in proposal development, donor experience, and grateful patient prospect identification
• Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the Keep Life Wild case for support
• Actively contribute to Development Team meetings, prospect clearance discussions, budget development and forecasting
• Timely recording of actions and meeting notes in Raiser’s Edge, and effective use of all Foundation systems to ensure exceptional donor experience
• Participation in Foundation and donor events, including those that may fall on evenings and weekends.
• Follow all policies and processes related to role responsibilities
• Actively participate in professional development, proactively identifying opportunities for growth and personal fulfillment
• Adhere to the AFP Code of Conduct
• Perform other duties as required to help colleagues and the organization succeed
• Commitment to living the RVH values every day
Please submit your application via the RVH Career Opportunities by January 16, 2023.