Donor Engagement and Database Officer
The Donor Engagement and Database Officer role contributes to the general fundraising experience in a collaborative environment, supporting the CAMFED Canada team and working with colleagues in the USA and the UK. It calls for both excellent interpersonal skills and Salesforce (or related) expertise to maximize the full potential of donor database and systems to unlock Canadian donor resources. These resources will, in turn, power a new wave of opportunity for girls and young women in Africa.
About CAMFED Canada
The Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED) is an award-winning organization dedicated to tackling poverty and inequality through the education of girls and leadership of young women in sub-Saharan Africa. Since 1993, we have supported over five million children in school and over 225,000 young women members of the of the CAMFED (alumnae) Association. We work in the poorest rural communities of five sub-Saharan countries: Ghana, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi. Our model works, and we believe in what we do.
CAMFED Canada became a registered Canadian charity in 2017 and was named in 2022 as one of Canada’s top 100 charities. It is a proud member of the global CAMFED consortium.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Process and record donations with accuracy and precision in CAMFED’s Salesforce database as received through varied sources, including CAMFED’s website, third party platforms, DAFs, cheques, etc.
- Provide donors with tax receipts, thank you letters and acknowledgements, according CAMFED standards.
- Maintain the accuracy and very high quality of CAMFED Canada donor data in CAMFED’s Salesforce database, ensuring consistency and alignment with CAMFED consortium standards.
- Design and generate reports from the donor database to inform the evolution of new strategies and campaign designs by providing feedback and analysis.
- Implement and manage campaigns and other targeted donor communications (including via email and direct mail) by generating appropriate mailing lists, always in compliance with donor communication preferences and Canadian privacy regulations.
- Support the Executive Director’s stewardship and cultivation.
- Provide accurate, precisely coded donor gift information to the Finance team on a bi-monthly basis.
Donor Engagement and Care
- Respond to fundraising and informational inquiries from community groups, schools and organizations.
- Provide donors with information, materials and reports, as requested.
- Assist the implementation of strategies that support donor journeys and pathways and strengthen long-term relationships with donors.
- Ensure accuracy of all details in web, email and mail communications targeting Canadian supporters.
- Assist donors to retain their link to CAMFED through recommitment to recently lapsed pledges and gifts.
- Support fundraising by researching and highlighting donor potential when entering donor gifts.
Administrative and Team Support
- Act as the first point of contact for CAMFED Canada, answering phones, responding promptly to general email inquiries, including managing complaints according to CAMFED standards.
- Provide general administration support to the Canada team such as completing purchase order forms, obtaining quotations, filing digital documents, coordinating with printers, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, supporting event logistics, and handling outgoing mail.
- Support internal communications and a positive workplace culture.
ABOUT the SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Professional experience, qualifications and attributes we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree from a university.
- Three years related work experience.
- An exceptional client focus grounded in a commitment to understand the needs of both external clients (donors) and internal clients (co-workers) and respond to them fully.
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or related development/CRM databases and ability to take on new learning curves with confidence and speed. (Required)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional attentiveness to detail.
- Appreciation for the technical aspects of donation management to ensure that resources are used efficiently and effectively to support the building of strong donor relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) applications.
- Excellent project management and organization skills, including goal setting, implementation of action plans, and ongoing application of learning to improve processes and outcomes.
- Proactivity and self-direction combined with an ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritize tasks and manage multiple workstreams.
- Enjoyment of cross-team, international collaboration.
- Commitment to and passion for CAMFED’s work, values and vision.
Working Arrangements and Benefits
- This hybrid position requires some on-site work (at least two days per week) at CAMFED Canada’s office in downtown Toronto.
- Benefits include comprehensive employer-paid health, dental and vision benefits package, and four weeks paid vacation.
How to Apply
- Email your resume and cover letter (ideally in one PDF document) to HR@camfed.org
- Include your first initial and last name in all attachment document titles.
- Reference “Donor Engagement and Database Officer” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAMFED Canada is an equal opportunity employer.